Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Rafting and Friendship

We had a wonderful beginner raft trip down Clear Creek as Tyler confidently guided our raft and... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago
alisonswm
Great fly-fishing learning experience for my husband and his friends

I planned a trip for my husband and his two friends to go fly-fishing with Colorado Wilderness... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
JaneL75
San Francisco, California

Recommended experiences in and around Boulder
from $95.00
from $95.00
from $55.00
from $79.00
More Info
All reviews rock climbing backpacking trip estes park half day hike amazing race hiking guide decision making rocky mountains explained everything expert guide western movie fly fishing tree line business meeting picnic lunch high altitude downtown denver
Selected filters
Reviewed July 2, 2019

Came with a group of 10 for a whitewater rafting trip. Some in our group were disappointed when I told them I booked the "beginner" trip, but everyone had a great time. The beginner version, which included class 3 rapids, was plenty intense (without being terrifying). Our guide (unfortunately I don't recall his name) was excellent, he even took the time to get to know everyone in our raft (our group was split into two rafts of five people each).

I would definitely recommend using this company if you are planning a whitewater rafting trip.

Reviewed June 29, 2019 via mobile

We had an absolute blast on the ziplining with Adam and Cheyenne, and on the intermediate rafting with Taylor. The guides were friendly and competent and helped us feel completely safe. It was freezing out the day we went which was challenging. We can’t wait to go back and do it again during warmer weather. CWRAG is a top-notch organization. Highly recommend.

Reviewed June 26, 2019 via mobile

Jill knew her stuff, she led us to a great hike to the Royal Arches. She explained everything about the topography, rest breaks, hydration, backpack essentials, what to do if we encounter wild animals, and we even drunk cold mountain stream water through her carbon filter flask. Highly recommend these guides!

1  Thank 939George
Reviewed June 24, 2019 via mobile

So much fun ! Very challenging but in a great way. Professional and kind staff. Great views.

We did the full package which included: gear, pictures, guided intermediate rafting. Worth the price.

The water is cold. Definitely want to use their gear to stay warm!

Reviewed March 11, 2019 via mobile

Wow. Josh Baruch is a really fantastic educator. Very patient, not judgemental, very pleasant to be with. Great at helping a avid, but intermediate, backcountry skier get more confidence in avalanche terrain. Great at taking very complex terrain, complex reports, complex situations and breaking them down to digestible decision making tools.
Josh, thanks for your time, and to others if your ready for more training, I put josh in that pure expert educator category and would highly recommend him and his crew to advance your learning.
Thanks again,
Eric ladd

Date of experience: March 2019
12e3123e12, Owner at Colorado Wilderness Rides And Guides, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2019

Thanks so much Eric for your feedback and recommendation. I look forward to sharing the backcountry more in the coming years. Please do not hesitate to let me know anyway we can support your outdoor development in the future.
Best regards,