Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Estes Park

Excellent time snowshoeing in Estes Park! Great fun. Our guide Jill was the best! I would highly... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
nortonandeffie
Boulder, Colorado
via mobile
Business Meeting Hike

I really appreciated their service. I wanted to take my team on a hike and it was nice to talk... read more

Reviewed October 25, 2018
Ryan P

All reviews rock climbing backpacking trip estes park amazing race half day hike hiking guide rocky mountains guide named practice session fly fishing western movie tree line an amazing guide these guys business meeting picnic lunch this past weekend
Reviewed August 12, 2018

If you are going to Boulder you just have to do this trip! Make sure you ask for Brad -- he was an amazing guide. Just a lovely human being -- and very knowledgable, patient, and kind.

About the trip...They drive you to the top of Rocky Mountain National Park (above the clouds, above the tree line...to the snow). The views all along the way are absolutely breathtaking. If that weren't enough, then you get on a bike and bike down the mountain!
But wait -- you are followed by a support van the whole time. You're also biking down paved park roads for this part of the trip. AND a guide is with you the whole time. I thought I'd be a little bit nervous, but it feels amazing to zip down a mountain with those views.
Then at the bottom of the mountain, they load the bikes back up, drive the top and you bike down the other side!
We went for a picnic lunch at a local park lake. For lunch we picked up sandwiches at a local deli. I can be a pretty picky eater and these were some pretty fantastic sandwiches!
Then we opted to bike along the Switzerland trail which was more traditional mountain biking, but all with a gradual slope downhill.

Things to know:
They supply everything (even snacks and water).
We're occasional bikers and had no problems with the equipment either on the park roads or on the mountain bike trails. You don't have to be in super shape to do this for sure. And they'll go at your pace.
You do start SUPER early in the morning -- but you want to do this so that you can get into the park before the crowds.
There are bathrooms available throughout the ride (like decent park bathrooms).
Remember to bring cash for the park entrance fee ($25). That isn't part of your tour fee AND they don't take credit.
We went in July -- but dress in layers. Remember you're going to a place with snow. You'll be zipping down a mountain...it will be cold. You can always dump extra clothes in the support van throughout the trip.
It rained just a little bit during our trip...the worst part was the water hitting your face and eyes, so make sure you bring sunglasses or anything to keep the water from hitting your eye balls at 25 miles an hour.

Pro tip:
Book this after you've had a day to get used to the altitude. Even though we were going down hill almost the whole time I found myself slightly out of breath here and there.

1  Thank Christine R
Reviewed August 10, 2018 via mobile

We booked a sight-seeing your, a mountain bike tour, and a zip line tour. Our guide, Jill was very knowledgeable in the areas of the equipment and where we traveled. Safety was ensured. I would book my adventures with them again.

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed August 8, 2018

We had a great family personalized trip with 7 people to the Rocky Mountain Park with Brad from Colorado Wilderness Rides and Guides. I had injured myself a few weeks earlier so some of the tougher climbs we had to skip but Brad and team customized it for all of us to enjoy. We had ages from 9 to 72 on the trip and everyone had a great time. Happy to recommend this business!

Date of experience: August 2018
1  Thank JR F
Reviewed August 6, 2018

My son and I contacted Colorado Wilderness Rides and Guides with a difficult proposition – with less than two weeks’ notice, arrange for us a backpacking trip that would be rigorous enough to replace our trip to Philmont, which had been cancelled due to the devastating fires in New Mexico. CWRG came through like true professionals and offered us a five-day trip in the Flat Tops Wilderness. We ultimately covered 40 miles with a high point of 11.8k ft elevation, including climbing the “Chinese Wall”, crossing the “Devils Causeway” and many challenging, yet beautiful trails. Everyone at CWRG, from the office staff, who had clearly “been there and done that” to our guide, gave us practical advice and guidance in a friendly and confident manor.

Before and during the trip, our guide, Jill, shared with us her years of expertise in orienteering, camp setup/food preparation, weather prediction and many other areas. In fact, my son fully intends to relay this knowledge to his Boy Scout troop back in Pennsylvania, but they will just have to imagine the part about hiking at high altitude as our mountains top out at ~3,200 ft! It is difficult to imagine a more competent, yet down-to-earth and friendly guide to lead us on this trek through Colorado’s pristine and beautiful wilderness. We feel quite fortunate to have chosen CWRD for this unforgettable experience.

Reviewed August 6, 2018

Our company held our meeting in RMNP and it was amazing. Our guides made logistics and planning super easy which meant more time outside enjoying the park. Food was great and accommodated vegetarians :) We did rock climbing, park volunteer service, a long hike, and fly fishing. SO FUN.

1  Thank Kiana C