Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Estes Park

Excellent time snowshoeing in Estes Park! Great fun. Our guide Jill was the best! I would highly... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
nortonandeffie
Boulder, Colorado
via mobile
Business Meeting Hike

I really appreciated their service. I wanted to take my team on a hike and it was nice to talk... read more

Reviewed October 25, 2018
Ryan P

All reviews rock climbing backpacking trip estes park amazing race half day hike hiking guide rocky mountains guide named practice session fly fishing western movie tree line an amazing guide these guys business meeting picnic lunch this past weekend
Reviewed August 8, 2018

We had a great family personalized trip with 7 people to the Rocky Mountain Park with Brad from Colorado Wilderness Rides and Guides. I had injured myself a few weeks earlier so some of the tougher climbs we had to skip but Brad and team customized it for all of us to enjoy. We had ages from 9 to 72 on the trip and everyone had a great time. Happy to recommend this business!

Date of experience: August 2018
1  Thank JR F
Reviewed August 6, 2018

My son and I contacted Colorado Wilderness Rides and Guides with a difficult proposition – with less than two weeks’ notice, arrange for us a backpacking trip that would be rigorous enough to replace our trip to Philmont, which had been cancelled due to the devastating fires in New Mexico. CWRG came through like true professionals and offered us a five-day trip in the Flat Tops Wilderness. We ultimately covered 40 miles with a high point of 11.8k ft elevation, including climbing the “Chinese Wall”, crossing the “Devils Causeway” and many challenging, yet beautiful trails. Everyone at CWRG, from the office staff, who had clearly “been there and done that” to our guide, gave us practical advice and guidance in a friendly and confident manor.

Before and during the trip, our guide, Jill, shared with us her years of expertise in orienteering, camp setup/food preparation, weather prediction and many other areas. In fact, my son fully intends to relay this knowledge to his Boy Scout troop back in Pennsylvania, but they will just have to imagine the part about hiking at high altitude as our mountains top out at ~3,200 ft! It is difficult to imagine a more competent, yet down-to-earth and friendly guide to lead us on this trek through Colorado’s pristine and beautiful wilderness. We feel quite fortunate to have chosen CWRD for this unforgettable experience.

Reviewed August 6, 2018

Our company held our meeting in RMNP and it was amazing. Our guides made logistics and planning super easy which meant more time outside enjoying the park. Food was great and accommodated vegetarians :) We did rock climbing, park volunteer service, a long hike, and fly fishing. SO FUN.

1  Thank Kiana C
Reviewed August 5, 2018

This was the most amazing excursion for our family of six! My husband and I and our four kids (ages 15-9) had a terrific time. Everyone we came in contact with was extremely kind and courteous, especially our guide (thanks BRAD!). Lasting memories were definitely made and I see more rock climbing in our future. Thanks Colorado wilderness!

Date of experience: August 2018
1  Thank tarajnewman
Reviewed July 31, 2018

I contacted Colorado Wilderness after reading some great reviews on-line. After much discussion we decided to do the Amazing Race for 18 of my colleagues in Eldorado Canyon. The team did such activities as rock climbing, fill the bucket challenge, biking and a couple of other challenges that required communications. The team had a AWESOME time and are still talking about it 2 weeks later. Josh and his team were excellent and kept the team engaged.