“Would Stay Again”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Boulder
Silver Saddle Motel
Ranked #18 of 20 Hotels in Boulder
Ocoee, Florida
“Would Stay Again”
Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for one night in August. I wasn't expecting much based on the reviews, and found them to be pretty accurate. Older, but quite comfortable. Enjoyed having the separate bedroom, loved the views from front and back. I could hear our neighbor as I was going to sleep but found an app that had a fan sound on it and went right to sleep. Also, those were the fluffiest towels I've ever used! I wonder where they got them. The next morning, we thoroughly enjoyed a walk along the creek into town for breakfast. The staff was friendly and very helpful after a slight mixup. Like I said, I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank jr1rimshot

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Burgdorf, Switzerland
Reviewed August 12, 2012

It's a funky old motel which also has cabins. I stayed in a cabin. It was a little old and worn but had everything I needed, even for an extended stay. I did not use the kitchen, but it seemed very well equipped, 4 burners, a microwave and pots and pans. The bathroom was really small, an obese person might have trouble using it. There where one or two dead bugs on the floor of the bathroom, otherwise it was clean. The AC is loud and has two settings- loud and louder, but that didn't bother me as I turned it off before going to sleep. The bed was comfortable.
The price was reasonable for what you get.

Room Tip: I liked the cabins
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Pittsburg, Kansas, United States
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We arrived in Boulder late and with no reservation. Best Western, my first choice was full. We were just searching on our phones and the Silver Saddle popped up so we called, he had a room, and he said he "usually locked up at 9:30, but he'd stay open til we got there." The motel is really on the edge of town and we drove past it and ended up practically in the mountains, turned back, and found it. You actually go across a bridge and then there is a huge neon sign. I don't know how I missed it. If you like funky but kind of off the beaten path and sort of cool, then this place will work for you. The kid at the front desk said, "You're at the top." And I asked, "The top of what?" Well, it was dark, and it's all built on the side of a mountain. This motel consists of a regular motel of two floors, which is behind the office building, two levels of separate cabins, and the "top" level, all of which have kitchenettes. We had tons of camping food in the car, so getting the kitchen was a boon to us. Fancy, it ain't. The furniture is second-hand and mismatched, but there is a regular-sized fridge, microwave, kitchen, cooking supplies, dishes, etc. There was even coffee, salt and pepper, and coffee filters. My daughter slept on the fold-out futon, which smelled kind of funny (pets maybe) but was okay. i slept in the separate bedroom which had a window which opened to the mountainside. We opened the screenless windows for the fresh air. There are benches outside to sit on and kind of a patio area. I saw a grill, which may be accessible to guests. The management seems pretty laid back. The place has wifi, but ours didn't work since the line had washed out service to the top row of cabins. We actually stayed two nights here and cooked both nights. The front row of cabins look like people stay there long-term, and the motel part just looked normal. I was happy with our room, except for the fact that the first night it was $74 and the next it was $90. He said when I called the first night they were trying to "fill the place up." It was worth $74; 90 is pushing it a bit. I think if I had complained about the wifi more, he would have come down on the price. If you walk down the road, there is a nice park next to a rushing stream and the location itself is really quiet. It's on the edge of town, but not in a commercial area at all. There is another motel, The Bottom of the Mountain Motel, just down the street, but it is just little cabins also. I would stay here again and request "the top."

Room Tip: If you're staying a few days, I'd get a room with a kitchenette. They are also the highest u...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Lyn S
NM
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I travel for work mostly, and the biggest issue I have is how hard it is to sleep. Most motels/hotels are just so noisy, but the Silver Saddle is an oasis of peace. Located near a rushing stream, the only thing to hear at night is the water and morning birds, with traffic noise a vague and non-intrusive sound. Each of the cabins is separated by a car port, so you can't hear other people.

The kitchenette and the bathroom are each small - a large person might have trouble getting to the toilet - but aside from that, the rustic feel and peace and quiet made this a great stay. You'd never believe you're still in Boulder!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank fasterhorses
Reviewed July 1, 2012

As i travel to boulder Colorado with my husband and family we always stay at this motel. The silver saddle motel has never disappointed us. We were always accommodated for all our needs. We love the scenery everytime we go throughout the year especially the friendly staff. Our stay was clean and everytime we go the room was different with a cute old theme. I will always go to this place and recommend it to my friends and family.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank travler0528
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
Reviewed June 9, 2012

This was the greatest little motel. Boulder Creek is right in front and the locale is beautiful. The two room suite was a very nice surprise. Parents in one room and graduating teen in another. If you go to Boulder, CO, try this place. You can't lose. Excellent value, close to Pearl Street for restuarants and shops, very friendly and courteous staff and views that have all the value motels in Boulder beat by a mile.

Room Tip: Just tell them what you want when you make your reservations.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Johnny K
Anaheim, California
Reviewed June 9, 2012

We had an occasion to stay at the Silver Saddle Motel in Boulder, Colorado, recently and found it to be rustic, charming and in a wonderful location, within walking distance of the downtown and Pearl Street, but removed from the hustle and bustle. It is right along Boulder Creek and you can walk right out your door and be fly fishing in minutes. The owners were very sweet and helpful, our room (actually it had two bedrooms) was clean, spacious and comfortable, and we enjoyed our stay very much. We would definitely recommend this to anyone who is looking for that retro experience of days gone by.

Room Tip: There are five cabins which are charming for that retro experience.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family