“Not bad, but original is better!”

South Side Walnut Cafe
Ranked #89 of 575 Restaurants in Boulder
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
CO
“Not bad, but original is better!”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

After falling in love with the original Walnut, my friend suggested I try the South Side version. I figured - what the heck! Same menu, different location, but still a new place! I had a good experience, but it was different. Unfortunately, the south side location does not offer pumpkin pancakes or waffles! This was exactly what I was craving ... Oh, well. I ordered a grilled cheese, which did not really fill me up as it was rather small. Not sure who would order the "half" option of this. Therefore, I ended up getting a side of eggs and pumpkin pie to "finish the job." Everything was well prepared, the service was keen, and the outdoor eating was also charming. The inside looks comfy, but bigger than the original location (and I'm a fan of "smaller is better"). I think I'll stick with the original - but this place is NOT BAD!!!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank ughughCO

Boulder, Colorado
“First time......Not the Last”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Met friends here yesterday(Saturday) at 8:30 AM for breakfast.
Most tables were taken, but the noise was NOT obtrusive. The table had just received a complimentary breakfast cake......delicious...and the four of us were satisfied w/our drinks. I had a chai latte.....could have been a bit stronger.
While my friend raved about the quiches here.....I had a chicken quesadilla....hubby had a cheddar and avocado omelet.......male friend had a huge bowl of oatmeal......and friend had the quiche of the day.
Everyone seemed satisfied. After seeing the quiche, I was sorry I didn't order it. Next time. The quesadilla was underwhelming......but I had leftovers for lunch and warmed them up and then they were quite good.
Everything came with sides....nice portions.

By the time we left at 10AM there was a wait..........but breakfast was pleasant and satisfying.

• Visited February 2013
On the road
“Good breakfast at a hoppin' restaurant”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

We ate here 3 times in one month so obviously we liked it. We would give it a 3.75 if we could rate it that way. We've tried the scrambled eggs, pancakes, breakfast burritos, and omelets. The food is good to very good. The place is hoppin' and there is usually a wait. We've had fair to very good service. You should try the Vanilla Blast. It's sweet but super yummy!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Mary Beth A A
Connecticut
“Boulder casual vibe. All american eats”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Had a nice breakfast feast here. Veggie scramble wasnt scrambled, but it was fine. Home baked goods were tastey. Waitress was very nice.

• Visited October 2012
“Breakfast perfection”
Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

A perfect traditional breakfast that offered some fun twists. I loved the special biscuits and gravy on the homemade roasted red pepper biscuit. The kids got awesome buttermilk pancakes with a sausage patty. To our surprise they were home made parties! Great experience.