“First time......Not the Last”

South Side Walnut Cafe
Ranked #83 of 588 Restaurants in Boulder
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Met friends here yesterday(Saturday) at 8:30 AM for breakfast.
Most tables were taken, but the noise was NOT obtrusive. The table had just received a complimentary breakfast cake......delicious...and the four of us were satisfied w/our drinks. I had a chai latte.....could have been a bit stronger.
While my friend raved about the quiches here.....I had a chicken quesadilla....hubby had a cheddar and avocado omelet.......male friend had a huge bowl of oatmeal......and friend had the quiche of the day.
Everyone seemed satisfied. After seeing the quiche, I was sorry I didn't order it. Next time. The quesadilla was underwhelming......but I had leftovers for lunch and warmed them up and then they were quite good.
Everything came with sides....nice portions.

By the time we left at 10AM there was a wait..........but breakfast was pleasant and satisfying.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

We ate here 3 times in one month so obviously we liked it. We would give it a 3.75 if we could rate it that way. We've tried the scrambled eggs, pancakes, breakfast burritos, and omelets. The food is good to very good. The place is hoppin' and there is usually a wait. We've had fair to very good service. You should try the Vanilla Blast. It's sweet but super yummy!

1  Thank Mary Beth A A
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Had a nice breakfast feast here. Veggie scramble wasnt scrambled, but it was fine. Home baked goods were tastey. Waitress was very nice.

Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

A perfect traditional breakfast that offered some fun twists. I loved the special biscuits and gravy on the homemade roasted red pepper biscuit. The kids got awesome buttermilk pancakes with a sausage patty. To our surprise they were home made parties! Great experience.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Can't believe I haven't reviewed this gem before now. I've had breakfasts in every Boulder restaurant since 1969 and the Southside is arguably the best I've ever had. The location has a lot to do with it, being only a half mile away, but the food and service are superb. From 7-1 it's pretty crowded so I go about 2 or 3 and can relax and take my time eating with family and friends. (They close at 3:30) The food is cooked exactly how you want it or the awesomely friendly waitstaff will fix it. There's a full variety of teas, juices, coffees, and other drinks plus other breakfast and lunch offerings. I can only vouch for eggs, toast and bacon because that's all I ever order (look up the menu). My daughter has an omelet and french toast (gluten-free) at every visit and it is always done perfectly.
If you see a curly-haired banjo player on his Ipad, that's me...stop by and say howdy! Walnut South is THE friendliest place to relax and eat! I might even spot you a cup of Java.