“Happy Happy Hour”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Stumbled across the Bitter Bar last night in search of a happy hour libation. $4 glasses of sparkling wine make me happy. And, their happy hour lasts a long time - until 7pm - nice. They also had an interesting choice of nibbles including a homemade hot dog with lobster.
We sat outside and had some nice afternoon sun on us. The inside also was funky and nearly all of the tables had been reserved for later that eve. I'd certainly return.
PS - cost per person not including drinks or tip. We had two glasses of bubbly so that is what I am basing the pricing on.

Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

Popped into bitter bar on our brief trip to boulder. Really cool/quirky bar with great drinks menu and staff. It's off the beaten track location makes it alot less touristy. The Thai green cocktail was the best I've ever tasted and it was recommended by our server when I said my preference was gin.
Worth a visit later on in the evening!!

Reviewed March 5, 2012

My wife and I went to the Bitter Bar with anther couple for dinner and, as usual, we very pleased with the variety and creativity of their drinks. However, we didn't expect the food to be equally impressive. I had the wilted escarole salad followed by brick pressed chicken, both of which were excellent. Each of us were equally pleased with our dinners, and overall, the meal was as good as I've had at many of the restaurants in Boulder primarily known for their cuisine. This is definitely a bar setting, but a great place for a casual yet exceptional dinner.

Reviewed January 1, 2012

The Bitter Bar is a great place to meet friends for drinks and appetizers. It is stylish and sophisticated without being stuffy. Love it! They have great bartenders and the deep fried brussel sprouts and french fries are delicious! We have gone twice, once for a birthday celebration and once for pre-New Years Eve festivities. First time we sat in a lounge area and Second time we sat at the bar. Both were very fun! Noah the bartender is really great!

Reviewed December 30, 2011

Fun speakeasy feel. Drinks are pricey, but you get what you pay for. Nice concoctions...

Been to The Bitter Bar? Share your experiences!