“A Change of Pace”
Review of Bacco Trattoria

Bacco Trattoria
Reserve with OpenTable
Bacco Trattoria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #110 of 587 Restaurants in Boulder
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Ten reviews on google.
Reviewed March 8, 2013

This was our first visit to this place and we were pleasantly surprised. The menu is a bit different from that found at most Italian restaurants and not one that we would do often, but the change of pace was refreshing. We tried items from the mozzarella bar and found them to be quite good. For our main course, we both had the Bacco salad, which was made with lettuce, walnuts, pears and gorgonzola cheese. We agreed that this was really excellent. Topping that off, with dinner we each had a glass of their super-Tuscan wine, a really excellent choice.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

This could be a great restaurant. There are some weaknesses. My wife had a pappardele and the pasta was inconsistently cooked. Some was perfect, some was very al dente. That was disappointing. The Cinghiale was very good.

I had the spaghetti carbonara. Good news, the pasta was perfectly cooked, the carbonara was creamy, flavorful, and light. the bad news is the panchetta was soft and mushy. It should have been crispy. It lacked any bacon flavor. It made a great dish a failure.

Bacco has a Happy Hour, which we didn't realize, so even though it was a Tuesday, it was packed. Keep this is mind. As a result it was VERY loud. Go early or go late.

Service was good, though when I ordered linguine with clams, I was told they were out of clams. At 6pm!! Dinner hasn't even started. And if the kitchen is out of an item the servers should tell diners up front. I am OK if they are out of item, but if I go through the menu and choose a dish, and then told it isn't available, that is not professional, especially if they already knew.

While I will go back, I will definitely ask if any dishes are not available. And if I order the carbonara I will request the panchetta to be crisp.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

My wife and I went there for our 40th wedding anniversary primarily based on the ratings here on TripAdvisor. It is a nice, small restaurant with good food. I did not find anything outstanding about the food nor did my wife. Our waitress was friendly and comped our desert as a gift for our anniversary. I thought the prices were a little on the high side for the overall experience. It's a decent place but not a great place. Try it but don't go in thinking this is high end.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

After reading all the other reviews, I wondered, but those reviews are accurate. We went for a happy hour birthday celebration and had a veritable smorgasbord of authentic Italian delights! The special from 3:30 to 6:00 PM consists of $3-5 not so small plates of antipasti, meats, fried foods, seafood, pizza and more. Their own seafood salad was unique and wonderful as were the mussels and calamari. I was able to have at least a taste of 22 items and none were less than very good. All were prepared with fresh ingredients and served hot or cold as appropriate. Service was very good as were the $5 martini's! Other drink specials are available as well. It is amazing how they can do so much so well and charge so little.

2  Thank SilverBear303
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Have you ever had really excellent mozzerella many different ways? We (I) had not and this place has the BEST and the green tomato jam is the BEST thing I tasted in 2012! WOW what a treat!
one of the added bonuses was I asked for the recipe and got it, of course finding green tomatoes
isn't easy where I live. Our Pasta dinners were also very good with an amazing sauce. So when in Boulder, which we are, this will be 1 of our go to place, Much better than its ranking on trip advisor!
A must try even if it is a bit out of downtown! Worth it!

1  Thank ParkDriveSouth