“Private tour for Texas Ladies”
Review of Local Table Tours

Local Table Tours
Ranked #7 of 24 Food & Drink in Boulder
More attraction details
Owner description: Local Table Tours brings small groups on culinary walking tours for an exclusive taste of the town. Food tours, cocktail tasting tours, coffee and chocolate tasting tours,progressive dinners and private dining experiences offer a unique taste of the Boulder food scene. Discover America's foodiest town, one bite at a time. Please visit our Local Table Tours, Denver Tours as well for more information on our Denver culinary excursions.
Reviewed July 22, 2013

3 Texas foodies and 2 Boulderites had a private "Taste of Boulder" in July. We loved walking down Pearl Street with our knowledgeable escort and guide, Megan. We started with the refreshing cocktail at the OAK at Fourteenth. Then smiled our way to Aji, then Riffs, then Savory Spices, then Two Spoons and even a visit to Piece, Love and Chocolate. We had plenty of food and drinks at each stop. We will all return to these fabulous places.
Our Texas visitors were really impressed by the personal attention of the Local Table Tour of Boulder's best!
Good Friends, Good Food, Good Wine....all in Beautiful Boulder

There are newer reviews for Local Table Tours

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Our walking tour with Megan was fantastic! The 6 of us started at Aji with tastes of Latin American food (bacon-wrapped date, empanadas, calamari, shrimp ceviche) and a delicious ginger lemonade and glass of white wine. Then we walked down to the Kitchen Next Door and sat out on their covered patio. Next Door was definitely my favorite and they served us a Hobo red wine, Drydock Apricot Honey beer, antipasti plate with whole wheat flatbreads from Udi's Bakery, kale chips, and beet burger slider. Then, ice cream sandwiches with vanilla ice cream from 2 Spoons down the block. From there, we walked to Savory Spices and tasted the many inventive blends and made some purchases, then to Oliverde to taste their olive oils & balsamic vinegars. Finally, we ended up at Tee & Cakes for samples of small cupcakes (triple chocolate and s'mores -- they weren't giving out the chocolate bacon that made them famous on "Unwrapped," unfortunately). Megan is incredibly knowledgeable about the Boulder food scene and paces the tour appropriately for the group dynamics. We'll definitely have to do the coffee and cocktail tours on another trip!

1  Thank pmn518
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Have you ever tasted a Kale Chip? Sampled a White Balsamic Vinegar? Toured a Pizza Kitchen in action? Savored a Red Velvet Cupcake? All of these, and more, were ours on a January Saturday afternoon as we toured some of Boulder's restaurants with our host Megan. My husband's birthday approaching, I decided that his love of cooking could translate into a fun "foodie" experience for our family. I landed on Megan's website and, a few phone calls and emails later, Megan expertly introduced us to some fabulous restaurants and knowledgeable chefs. We decided the "theme" of our day was savoring locally grown ingredients, a conviction heralded throughout the afternoon by all participating dining spots. We are already planning a repeat tour with some of our friends! High Recommendation on this fun Tour!

1  Thank June W
Reviewed October 29, 2012

On tail end of our great Western vacation, we decided to go to Boulder from Denver on a whim. As we were getting ready to tour the Celestial Seasonings Tea Company, we decided that a food tour would be a nice way to round out the afternoon. My wife was able to contact Megan to see if there was space available on her 3pm tour. There was, she said, although she informed my wife that it may be a bit on the unconventional side. That was an understatement.

We met up with Megan on Pearl Street (if you are thinking of traveling to Boulder, make absolutely sure that you plan on spending a good amount of time on Pearl Street) and were joined by a nice couple from Dallas, TX. Megan began telling us that our first stop would be an all-vegetarian eatery that had a farm-to-table philosophy. Now, I like vegetables just fine. I usually eat my veggies. With a good side portion of some kind of animal. Said animal being made of meat, not tofu. So, maybe, just maybe, I let my expression telegraph a bit of amused uneasiness. Megan picked up on my distrust of the all- herbivorean lifestyle, and came very close to being apologetic that the tour would be, in her words, "hippie-dippy". I was ready to go grab a tie-dyed ascot out of my...wait, i don't own any tie-dyed clothing.
At any rate, this was my chance to make a new friend, a comrade-in-carnivorousity, if you will. The gentleman of the couple we were to tour with must have been feeling my pain, and he mentioned that we would be passing a good-looking hot dog stand along the way, and that if all else failed, we would be able to survive. Man after my own heart, T.

Figuring I could endure this, I turned my attention back to Megan who was detailing the remainder of the tour...."olive oil tasting bar somethingsomethingsomething..." was coming from her lips. My eyes began to roll back into my head. This was getting worse. Hippie-dippy. I forced myself to breathe evenly.

Finally, the coup de grace. We were going to end our tour at an OXYGEN BAR. What the flowerchild?!! Jane! Get me off this crazy thing!

I pulled it together so as not to incur the wrath of my wife. (you do NOT want to incur the wrath of the wife on the end of a vacation. After all, you have to go home with her, and it can be a loooong plane ride) And off we went.

The first stop, as promised, was a farm-to-table vegetarian restaurant appropriately entitled, "Leaf". Inside, the atmosphere was very modern and chic. The chef was wearing, not a flower-power shift, but professional whites. And the food? Some kind of something (ground cashews and matchstick carrots and other items) wrapped in a piece of raw Swiss Chard. Channelling my inner Bourdain, I fearlessly took a bite. And OMG! It was actually very good-tasting. I finished my piece in three bites and began to covet the remainder of my wife's piece. Next on the plate... you know, I am not going to detail every bite I ate. It's late and I need to get into bed. Suffice to say, I ate everything they put in front of me and every bit of it was a masterpiece of creativity and tastiness. Yeah, we passed the hot-dog stand on the way back. I didn't even look twice.

The next stop was Oliverde. An honest-to-goodness awesome selection of infused olive oils and balsamic vinegars. Fresh-baked bread was available to dip into anything we wished to try. I ended up purchasing two bottles to bring home for my kitchen. For those of you who think I am a Neanderthal...well, I am. But I am a Neanderthal who loves cooking. If you go to Pearl Street, this is definitely worth a stop-in.

At this point, I pull Megan aside and admit that I had previously had reservations about the itinerary, but now I was ready to put myself in her hands. Bring on the oxygen bar!

Tonic. Yeah, it's a hippie place. Our mission here was to taste weird drinks like Kefir and Jun...and who knows if i spelled them correctly. I don't know what they are. But I drank them, and I liked them. 'Nuf said.

Finally, we asked Megan for recommendations for dinner. We got along so well with the other couple (even if they are Cowboy fans) that we decided to have dinner with them. Actually, I think they asked us, but that just means they were quicker at being polite and charming than we were. Megan whipped out her phone and called her friends at "OAK at fourteenth", and got us the last open table. It was sublime.

If you have finished reading this and think it is all about the food, then you have missed the point. Megan introduced us to some foods and places and experiences we never would have found on our own, and made sure we had a good time exploring outside the box.

Thanks, Megan. See you when we make our return trip to Boulder.

3  Thank UnknownCynic
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Megan hosted our tour of local dining spots. It was our first trip to Boulder, plus our first opportunity to do a restaurant tour. What a great experience! The food was great. The hositng restaurants were very accomodating. Megan is very knowledge and pleasant. We would highly recommend the tour.

1  Thank Joy M

Been to Local Table Tours? Share your experiences!