“It's a keeper!”
Review of Boulder Marriott

Boulder Marriott
Ranked #14 of 23 Hotels in Boulder
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Stayed at the Boulder Marriott in order to evaluate the hotel as a potential site for family and friends to stay when they visit Boulder for my daughter's wedding. This hotel is a keeper! We've always stayed at another much more expensive hotel when we visit Boulder...but I think we've found a new home! The rooms are large--Jr.Suite--with sofa and easy chair with ottoman, plus the usual desk. The bathroom is not luxurious, but is perfectly adequate (how much time do you spend in a bathroom anyway?) Staff was very friendly and helpful. Rooms were well decorated and we had a beautiful view of the mountains! There are wonderful chocolate chip cookies in the lobby that arrivee around 3:00 pm every day and bottled water is available in the lobby for free. The only reason I gave it a 4 on location is because it is not as convient to Pearl St. walking mall and the park during the Boulder Creek Festival as was the other hote in which we usually stay.

Room Tip: Try to stay on the left side of the building (we had a _41 room--the last on that wing, so any _30...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank FloridaVol
BoulderMarriott, Director of Sales at Boulder Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. We are so glad that you enjoyed your experience and hope to have you back in the near future. Just for future reference, we do have a bus line right out front of the hotel that goes down to the Pearl St. Mall. Hopefully that will help during future visits. Thanks again for the feedback.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

I have been a platinum Marriott member for more years than I care to remember, and this might be the worst Marriott in the entire chain. This is the only Marriott I have ever stayed at that defines a suite as a slightly larger room than the norm. A suite by any definition other than the Boulder Marriott is a multi-room unit...here it is just a slightly larger room.

That being said, if that we're my only disappointment, I would have just chalked my stay up to a misunderstanding on room definition. However, the worst was yet to come.the second day of our stay, we came back to take a nap and the room was not made up yet. This at 3:30 in the afternoon. A quick visit with the front desk corrected this and 40 minutes later the room was made up.

The next day we came back at 3:45 for a quick nap and, once again the room was not made up. Another quick visit to the front desk and once again the room was quickly cleaned. The MOD informed us that a housekeeper had not shown up that day, making their problem mine....I would not accept this ownership.

To placate me, the manager sent up a basket of water, soft drinks and snacks and a note of apology.

The final ignominy of the stay occurred when we came back after dinner. As we were changing in our room, loud knocking came from the room across the hallway. Apparently the wife of some drunk would not let him into the room. The obnoxious drunk sent another couple to the front desk to get him a key to let him into the room. While they were gone, the drunk, obviously in need of a bathroom,urinated against the wall. At this point I called the front desk to inform them of the drunk's actions. They quickly hung up on me, and then came up to view the damage after the couple who was getting a key, came up and let the drunk into his room.

After he was safely ensconced, and no fear of a confrontation existed, the front desk finally came up to survey the damage.

Now, I agree that no hotel can control the actions of their guests, but the concept of service just doesn't exist at this hotel. When every conversation starts out with,"I know how you feel" you get tired of having any more conversations with the front desk.

My recommendation is to stay anywhere else in Boulder, other than the Marriott.

Room Tip: Don't pay for a suite...it is just a slightly larger room
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Marklue
BoulderMarriott, Director of Sales at Boulder Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

We appreciate you taking the time to review your recent stay at the Boulder Marriott. I want to take this moment to apologize to you for your terrible experience. We pride ourselves in having the best customer service and it appears we did not follow through. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please call me at 303-448-6607.

Justin - Director of Sales at the Boulder Marriott

Reviewed October 6, 2012

I love this hotel and its staff. It is a 5 story hotel but still a small hotel by Marriott standards, with a lovely quaint lobby and a small bar and restaurant. Our room was a larger room with a sitting area, separate desk area and large bathroom. I couldn't have been happier. The concierge lounge is lovely.

The staff is amazing. I stay at this hotel a few times a year and am always impressed with the service. As a Marriott Gold member I stay at a fair number of Marriott hotels. I think some of the more well known Marriott's in Colorado vacation destination areas could learn a few lessons from the staff at this smaller Marriott in Boulder. The staff strive to meet your every need, are personable and responsive and genuinely seem to enjoy their jobs and their customers. It keeps me returning.

The hotel is clean and in a great area of town (a couple of blocks from 29th street mall and still within walking distance to Pearl Street).

I'd highly recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your most recent stay at the Boulder Marriott. We truly appreciate all of our guests and really enjoy when we've made such a great impression. Thank you again and please come back and see us soon!

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Didn't book ahead and paid way too much for a double room. Very clean and nice but they charge extra for wi-fi $15, bottled water $3.50, and parking is $10 a day. Good location-close to sprouts organic market, and plates closet and skate shops. Not too far from pearl street mall which is why we stayed there. Staff was polite and helpful, but I wouldn't stay here again because of the cost.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

We appreciate you taking the time to review your recent stay at the Boulder Marriott. We will be doing a full renovation in 2013, which will greatly enhance the hotel. Hopefully, we will have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

While this is a very basic Marriott-no frills- the front desk and management went out of their way to be helpful. upon checkin, our room was missing special requested items and the sofa bed wasn't made up but they took care of it all within 10 minutes. Rooms were clean but bathroom could use a double sink.

• Stayed: September 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent trip to the Boulder Marriott! We are pleased that our staff took such great care of you. We look forward to having you back in the near future.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

My daugther lives in South Boulder. We stay in the local Marriott. It is comfortable and relatively close by. It is near a large shopping center and close to a supermarket. The pluses are that it is quiet. The people are helpful and friendly. The negative is that they charge quite a high rate for parking which is under the hotel. There is a restaurant but we have never eaten there. It would be nice to have a refrigerator in the room, hower you can ask for one.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Boulder Marriott! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. Please visit the JW's Restaurant next time you stay with us. We have a new chef, Callie McCreary, who has reinvigorated our overall dining experience.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Customer Service was top notch. Hotel Manager emailed me the day before my arrival welcoming us to the hotel and providing details about check-in, etc. We were greeted at the hotel front desk with warm cookies and cool bottled water. The hotel staff was consistently attentive and offered suggestions when asked. They remembered us, the information that they provided us and asked how the places they had recommended were. We were in town for a wedding as were other guests at the hotel. With all the people coming and going, it was impressive that they kept track! No canned questions—just honestly sound like they care. The room was immaculate and the amenities were as expected. Quiet floor. The view from the room was spectacular. The location is perfect for walking distance to shops, eateries, grocery stores, etc. If I ever find myself in Boulder again, I’ll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
BoulderMarriott, Director of Sales at Boulder Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay in Boulder! We are so glad you had such an enjoyable experience. We look forward to taking great care of you in the near future!