“Great place for breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Tangerine

Tangerine
Ranked #115 of 572 Restaurants in Boulder
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Boulder, Colorado
“Great place for breakfast”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I had the brioche french toast which was delicious. Looking around, several people seemed to be eating one of their many benedict dishes and enjoying them. Service and atmosphere were excellent and the prices reasonable. I'd definitely eat breakfast there again.

• Visited August 2013

Colorado
“Salad not well rinsed”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

While my colleague was more than happy with her vegetarian meal I was not so happy with my salad. It appeared that it hadn't been rinsed enough and I tasted gritty sand. There was also a small worm on the back of one of the pieces of lettuce. That stopped me in my tracks and I just couldn't finish.

• Visited May 2013
Cork, Ireland
“Beautiful Lunch”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Food, Atmosphere, Friendliness and value. We had a group of 8, including 2 children and everybody enjoyed.

Boulder, Colorado
“Don't bother”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I asked for an outside table to sit for a cup of coffee. (There were lots available, both inside and out)

I was told "you can sit at the bar, but tables are reserved for people eating". Who knows, maybe I'd have bought something else. But it was so off-putting, I just left.

Guess the focus of this place is on profits, not people. Not a good biz practice in Boulder.

Des Moines, Iowa
“Really great food - servers need more training”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Loved the fresh, innovative approach to the menu! My husband was wildly impressed with his corned beef hash, which featured ample cuts of meat , and since I'm a fan of Eggs Benedict, I loved the amazing Trout Benedict, with slivers of green apple and caramelized onion. Other little touches really made our breakfast wonderful.

However, the service left much to be desired. The hostess staff was friendly and attentive, but 3 servers, including the 1 for our table, were either new or apathetic. Our server took our order and filled our water glasses once - we didn't see him again until we had to flag him down for our check. He didn't touch base after we received our orders, didn't refill coffee, and made it a point to look away from us as he passed by - as if we might distract him with a request. We noticed this with a couple of other servers as well, especially when other guests had to literally get up and go in search of their servers to ask for checks, or raise their hands for a simple water refill.

Our visit was during Sunday brunch, so naturally there was a bit of a rush, but servers had secondaries to help with guests' needs and the flow of the rush, so there really wasn't any reason for servers to be inattentive.

Overall, most certainly worth a visit, but if service matters to you, just be a little more casual about it.