“I love this place!”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 18th
Description: Modern Pizzeria Neapolitan Style
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Reasonably priced pizza like no other. Make sure you try the salads like the Frutti di Mare. As far as pizza, you can't go wrong but make sure you try the Mais. Also, I've heard the new Denver location isn't nearly as good.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Great great great great!!!! Pizza was yummy and service was great. Sat at pizza bar and the guys were friendly and very accommodating. I would have gone there again if we stayed longer. Pizza was really delicious - definitely recommend a stop here.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

If you have never been to Italy, south of Rome and want to know what the pizza there tastes like, order a pizza here. We dined at Pizzeria Locale our first night in Boulder on the advice of our daughter. The food was truly authentic but even better than the pizza I ordered in Italy. The reason for this is superior quality ingredients. They use only the best and you can tell. Our group of four split three pizzas and two salads. They have a lovely wine list, and Peroni on tap at a reasonable price and a nice assortment of fun and unique cocktails. We plan to return before our vacation ends.

1  Thank markandkarenbrown
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Six of us went there about a week ago. It was busy but did not have to wait long since we were willing to sit at the bar by the salad prep area. Not a bad place to sit.

We tried a bit of everything on the menu and shared. I think that appetizers and salads are better than the pizzas. Overall - the food is pretty good.

I guess that you have to accept slow service when the place is busy - they only have one oven. But the wine was close to unacceptable. They store the red wine at a very low temp ( probably with the beer or white wine ) - which is unnecessary and undesirable. Then they bring out this cold bottle - and even if you wait 20 minutes - it is still too cold - not to mention you do not get to have the wine with your meal. A good red wine - does not taste all that good when it is cold. We went through this on 2 different bottles. If you are going to charge over $50 for a bottle of wine - you need to be able to serve it properly.

If you are going to drink red wine here - order from the "by the glass section" so that the wine will be close to the drinking temp. Or order the wine first - have a cocktail for 20 min - then order your food. Might seem like overly sensitive for "wine at a pizza place" - but neither the wine or pizzas are priced at "pizza place" levels.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

I've been a few times now and always leave thinking I paid too much and it was way too crowded/loud. It's not bad, but I much prefer Pizzeria da Lupo.