“Pricey but worth every penny”
Review of Pizzeria Locale

Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 18th
Description: Modern Pizzeria Neapolitan Style
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Can I just say I am in love with this place? The food, to be specific. I am still dreaming of the Cipolline e Speck pizza -- the soft and toothsome crust is absolutely the best I have ever had. The Polpettine - pork meatballs-walnut pesto - were divine. I literally would have eaten 20 of those things had they been served in that quantity. Also great is the wine selection. I had a delicious rose and I don't usually like those. Go with what the bartender suggests. Now some nits: It's tiny and crowded and on a Saturday afternoon we were surrounded by families and kids. Take 'em to Chuck E Cheese -- this is adult pizza. Also: One bathroom??? craziness.

Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Ridiculously good pizza and wine (part of the Frasca team). Service is impeccable and kind and the prices are fair. It's a bright and happy place. Don't miss the butterscotch pudding dessert--it's not what you expect--got it based on server's recommendation and it's my top 3 desserts of all time now. Make reservations or get there early. Cute street-facing outdoor sitting area during warm months.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

When you're in the mood for excellent pizza this is the place to go to. Mouth watering pizza in its most basic and delicious form. Excellent service and if your company is not very entertaining you can always entertain yourself by watching the pizza man do a fine job kneading the dough.

Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

My test pie is Margherita with prosciutto crudo. Both Frasca and Lupo serve delicious and quite similar versions. The crust is thin but chewy--a little more so at Lupa. The sauce is mild and almost creamy--a little more so at Frasca. Prosciutto is freshly sliced and very thin at both and placed on the
completed pizza. Both have good salads. Wine is better at Frasca. Frasca is always crowded but you can usually get a table at Lupa.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

It's pizza. Does one really need a choice of distilled water or sparkling water at a pizza place? They had a very impressive wine list but if I'm inclined to spend $1,000 on a bottle of wine, I think I'd want more than pizza to accompany it. In all fairness, the pizza was good but not exotic. They didn't provide any particularly hard-to-find ingredients or toppings. A few kinds of mushrooms and some eggplant? I'd advise you to give it a try but keep in mind what it it - a pizza parlor. Maybe being from the east coast, we're spoiled with a dearth of 'upscale' pizza places .. who knows.

The waiter disappeared after the food was delivered and only brought the check ($72 for 4 people) after we flagged him down.