“Food is excellent; not impressed with the aperols”
Review of Pizzeria Locale

Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 18th
Description: Modern Pizzeria Neapolitan Style
Reviewed November 22, 2012

The food here is excellent! They take limited reservations (which we had). I don't know if it would be worth the long wait otherwise. The food was all good - the polpettines and the Pizza Diavola were both standouts. The aperol spritz is extremely bitter and I wasn't impressed. Stick with beer or wine here. Service was good.

More on my trip to Boulder, Colorado:

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Heard about this place. People rave about it. I finally got a pie from there and it can not hold a candle to our pizza back on the east coast. Also, my kids hated it. Not a pizza for kids tastes.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

an utterly amazing place..from an exceptional wine list to the hand operated proscuitto cutting machine to the italian wood fired oven...high quality creative ingredients and just the right size pizza. an exceptional treat!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is the place for delicious pizza, interesting salads and sides, fantastic wine at fair prices and exceptional service. The service at Locale is friendly, courteous, attentive and thoughtful. .
Top notch ingredients and attention to detail in every aspect of the food is evident. The pizzas are cooked in an gorgeous wood burning oven that was imported from Italy and you can watch the pizza chefs at work from anywhere inside the restaurant or there are wonderul counter seats for a front row view.
I love the interesting assortments of salads and small plates such a mixed seafood salad that really does remind me of visits to Italy. The pizza itself is generous enough for two if you have a couple of the appetizers and toppings are both traditional and creative.
If you love pizza, do not miss Pizzeria Locale.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I really enjoyed this restaurant! It's a bit on the smaller side but our party of five fit just fine. The waitress was attentive and poured our water in a very fancy way! We shared three of the white pizzas - Cipolline e Speck (olives, onions and speck), Mais (sweet corn and prosciutto - YUM!) and the Fichi (figs, dates, gorgonzola and bacon). All were stellar! I would recommend any of these pizzas. Very tasty. I'm salivating just thinking about them! Too bad we don't live locally. Only drawback is I felt the pizzas were a bit on the pricey side for the size of pizza, but that wouldn't deter me from returning again when we visit Boulder.