“Don't miss the kale salad. Really.”
Review of Oak at Fourteenth

Oak at Fourteenth
Reserve with OpenTable
Oak at Fourteenth is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 573 Restaurants in Boulder
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 14th Street
Transit: Oak at Fourteenth is located on the Pearl Street Mall two blocks away from the main RTD station.
Louisville, Colorado
“Don't miss the kale salad. Really.”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Enjoyed a birthday dinner a Oak last week. Quiet Sunday night in there, no doubt as the Broncos were playing a night game.

Service was great - providing recommendations, moving us when the air vent above us proved too cold, etc.

We shared a couple appetizers - the shrimp and grits were excellent, and the pork belly interesting. Loved the kale apple salad. Pork chop was fantastic, though tons of food so after all the starters ended up bringing most of it home.

Great spot in Boulder, if you're looking to dine and meander Pearl Street.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank jstwil

Broomfield, CO
“Wow!”
Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

I was blown away by my meal! The best kale salad I have ever had and the white fish was excellent too! I will definitely be back and bring friends!

1 Thank Zahpecki
Fort Collins, Colorado
“OAK is A-OK”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

With an hour and a half of free time at Boulder’s Pearl Street Mall, my wife and I randomly selected Oak at Fourteenth for a late lunch. The cheerful hostess seated us right away in the stylish, yet comfortable and well lighted dining area. A long bar and the open kitchen with a wood-fired oven are adjacent to the dining tables. From the lunch menu with both traditional and more creative dishes, we each chose the scallop plate. Sautéed scallops with Kubocha squash, bok choy, fennel, arugula, candid bacon and dressing of sesame gastrique sounded like an intriguing way to have a seafood lunch. This medium size serving along with Oak’s own sour dough bread made a delectable meal. I especially liked the apple crisp dessert with caramel, sea salt and chocolate malt ice cream. The Oak seems like a happy place with very good food.

1 Thank Henry A
Boulder, Colorado
“Dining Again at OAK”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We celebrated son's b-day last night(Friday,Oct.18) with dinner at OAK. This time we specifically sat in the "back room" and the noise level IS better than the main dining room. We tend to shy away from eating out Friday and Saturday evenings but.........here we were.
I again ordered the least costly bottle of red wine on the menu($34) . It was OK. The birthday boy ordered a cocktail also. For starters, we ordered the wood grilled eggplant and the oak grilled pork belly. The pork belly($13) was delicious......the eggplant($9) was missing something. When asked how everything was......I mentioned the eggplant did not seem to be "up to par". Son also ordered a small plate of SEA SCALLOP TATAKI, ($13). I was expecting ONE sea scallop......there were THREE. This dish is superb! When the scallops came out cold, we asked for them to be grilled more....and they came back PERFECTLY.
Son and hubby ordered the chipotle braised short ribs as a main($30each) and I had the shaved apple and kale salad.($12).. The ribs were delicious....but $30/plate raised my eyebrows. I had been looking forward to the apple and kale salad....perhaps my expectations were too high.....it was OK. In fact it tasted better a few hours ago as a snack before lunch.
The birthday boy got a root beer float from the restaurant. YUM and we also ordered 2 desserts: the salted caramel budino($9) and Smore($10). The smore is chocolate and bacon: decadent.
When the bill came the eggplant dish was "comped" ...........and with tip the three of us dined for $203.00. Again.........NOT inexpensive........but was satisfying.
In retrospect, i think the many dishes are SO strong, that one can suddenly feel something is tasteless....re: the piece of eggplant I brought home and the apple/kale salad. Taste was better the following day.
Service is attentive and caring and i give the restaurant credit for changing it's menu often......w/some stars always around.
The STARS this evening: the scallops......the short ribs.......the smore.
If you haven't been........give OAK a try.
There was a wonderful article about the owner last week in WESTWORD'S "Chef and Tell". He's been around.........cares about his staff and customers......and tries his very best.

West Palm Beach, Florida
“Excellent choice”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

From the moment you walk into this eatery you can tell its going to be good. A full resturant on a Tuesday night! We had a private room, nice decor, good service. However, where this place excels is the food. We had family style service, great first course...fried pickles, meatballs, grits and shrimp....all just fantastic flavors. Soup and salad was tasty...pumpkin if I remember. Main course had fresh beam, perfectly cooked beef lion and a veggie pasta dish. All of which was presented well and tasted better. A fine choice for dinner, drinks and conversation. Well be back.