“Perfect”

Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 14th Street
Transit: Oak at Fourteenth is located on the Pearl Street Mall two blocks away from the main RTD station.
Reviewed September 14, 2013

This place is so good. Everything about my meal was good. The service is perfect. All was good. I ate a business meal hear and everyone had also had a great meal. If in boulder, you have to eat hear. I for sure will be back the next time i'm in town.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Totally trusted the rating on Open Table and was not disappointed. Excellent meal and even better desserts. Service was great. Would def go back! Try the root beer float!

Reviewed September 12, 2013

I am back in Boulder, CO for a month and have several reservations to go back to The Oak while here. And last night was the first time back since last year.

Simply in a word excellent! We started with a few starter plates with cocktails. We ordered Crispy Fried Pickles & Green Goddess Aioli, Oak Grilled Pork Belly, Red Wagon Farm BBQ Spiced Tomato and after moved on to our entrees. I had the Oak Grilled Peking Duck Breast and my husband had two small plates. The Tomato Braised Meatballs & Burrata Cheese, Anson Mills Grits, and Crispy Lamb “Shawarma”, Shishito Peppers, Colorado Feta, Sweet Watermelon. everything was excellent, prepared with perfection and love.

BUT the best part I believe of the Oak is the impeccable!!! service they give. The attention to detail just amazing. The staff seems to be a step a head of you and can anticipate what your needs are. I recommend if a restaurant owner or anyone going into a service industry observe how the Oak is run because they are the benchmark of 5 star customer service.

I do have to add one negative to last nights visit it did seem quite louder than usual. It was hard to have a conversation. I have to say I did not notice this last time there.

In a final few words it is still worth the experience.

Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Visiting from out of state, I'd researched reviews of OAK, hen happened upon it about noon Saturday visiting Pearl Street Mall. We had a nice indoor table, with views of the Mall and the Courthouse. Starting with rich & spicy Bloody Mary's, we chose the fried pickles with aioli and the chilled sweet corn soup, followed by the Royal Red Shrimp & Grits (spicy!! Yum!!) and the Pan
seared Scallops with Squash, Corn and Black Rice. Each dish was a new twist of flavors and most enjoyable. Service was attentive, we felt well cared for!!

Reviewed August 14, 2013

My partner and I loved our dinners at Oak, and we found the service to be just great.
First the service: the staff were all attentive. They did not hover, but they seemed to notice everything and respond and anticipate with just the right timing. We felt like the timing was perfect – not rushed, no time spent wondering when they would get around to the next step, everything just when it ought to have been. And if you wanted to catch someone's eye there was none of that "I'm looking through you, you do not exist" sort of thing which plagues so many meals these days. They are there for their customers and you really feel it.
We both ordered steaks – hers medium rare, mine rare. It was hard to see which was which but we were both happy with the doneness. Ours was the chipotle- rubbed strip loin with creamed corn and basil, with spring onions and wild mushrooms. The taste was excellent, as was the presentation. The creamed corn, et al complemented the strip loin perfectly. Delicious; not cheap, but well worth it, and compared to a few places around you might argue it’s a bargain. The menu is full of dishes which are temping and offer many creative twists. A group with a wide range of preferences would be very happy with the selections I should think. There is no burger on the dinner menu, but there is one on the lunch menu and looks to be fantastic.
There are 54 beers on the drinks menu. The only draft is a Belgian- style wheat beer. It was good, but the bowl- shaped glass probably held only 10 - 12oz and it was half foam. For $10, I thought that was a bad deal. There were no Hefe-Weizens so next I had a Kristall Weissbier, 500ml for $12 – still pretty expensive. It was poured into a wine glass, not a Weissbierglas. Many of the other beers on the list were quite expensive and might have merited such a treatment, but a Weissbier in a wine glass is over the top in my book. There were a number of modestly- priced beers too. They have a wine list, which I did not check this time.
The atmosphere was lively, the décor bright and simple, almost minimalist. There is a large wall of glass with an angled view to the Pedestrainians walking the Pearl Street Mall and there is a long, long bar (for eating but I suppose you could just go enjoy nibbles and craft beers, too.)
To sum up: great food and service, excellent, creative eats and an extensive list of high- end beers.