“Good pacing with shared platters”
Review of Oak at Fourteenth

Oak at Fourteenth
Ranked #3 of 593 Restaurants in Boulder
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 14th Street
Transit: Oak at Fourteenth is located on the Pearl Street Mall two blocks away from the main RTD station.
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This is my first review for a local place. We really enjoyed our meal here - admittedly it was a Monday night, so it was less busy. Since my wife and I were not that hungry we ended up sharing a few shared plates and having a small entree each, skipping the larger plates. We had the crisp egg&chicken confit, seared scallops, braised asparagus, kale salad and chowder. They served us the shared plates like courses and bused the table after each serving. Thus, it was more like we were sampling things, but the servings were quite a bit larger than say a tapas-like place. Definitely interesting mixes of ingredients (both in terms of taste/texture) with good presentation.

If you like house made sodas - try theirs too. I had a couple of root beers.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Ate there with a group of people. A few of us had the salmon salad with figs, a poached egg on top and mixed greens. The flavors were excellent and the addition of the figs provided an unusual plus. One of the group had the scallops plate and said it was absolutely delicious. It was served on a bed of beans and had some kind of orange seasoning. A couple of the guys ordered the BLT. Well, it's not like any BLT I've ever seen. It was huge, served on a brioche roll and topped with fried tomatoes. The restaurant's desert specialty is home made donuts. These were unlike any donuts I'd ever seen. We ordered two of them for a table of 10 and that was plenty. They were huge and a little heavy. A few bites were more than enough. I think the donuts are better in the description than the actuality. Service was excellent. Our water glasses were kept full, the staff was attentive and we felt like they cared that we were there. The only negative was the noise level. The acoustics in the place were not good; it was a little difficult to hear the people sitting right across from me. It was a little pricy but what I ate was well worth what I piad.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

I felt rushed. The staff was hovering the whole time. They were nice enough, but everything was rush, rush. This is not an inexpensive restaurant and we expect a more relaxed experience when we dine out. The menu was interesting, had a nice selection and was high quality. They just need to back off a little and let you enjoy it.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Our first time at Oak this past week and we were dazzled. Beautiful ingredients, beautiful presentations and selection and terrific service. We can hardly wait to get back there.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Our adult children decided on OAK to celebrate my birthday. We had been there for lunch......once.
Dinner more than met our expectations........not only was the food excellent....but the waitstaff is trained to the nth degree and pleasant to boot.
IF ONLY the NOISE level were lower.(sigh).
We started with 4 shared plates: crab($16),calamari salad($14), wood grilled eggplant($9), and oak grilled pork belly($13). They were all superb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mains included pork tenderloin for hubby($27),beef strip loin for son($29), whole sea bream for daughter(35) and duck breast for me($28). Two of the mains were on the cool side and the staff couldn't be more apologetic ....just amazing.
ordered a bottle of wine...probably the least costly on the list. It was a Spainish syrrah for $34 and perfectly acceptable. Son and daughter loved their Prosecco(by the glass).
Desserts: lemon cheesecake w/mango sorbert........and the salted caramel bowl: 5 star.

Would definitely dine here more often.........IF the noise level were lower. Again....you can't beat the food or the service.

ENJOY.