“Nice location, interesting menu”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Oak at Fourteenth

Oak at Fourteenth
Reserve with OpenTable
Oak at Fourteenth is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 572 Restaurants in Boulder
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 14th Street
Transit: Oak at Fourteenth is located on the Pearl Street Mall two blocks away from the main RTD station.
Boulder, Colorado
“Nice location, interesting menu”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

I felt rushed. The staff was hovering the whole time. They were nice enough, but everything was rush, rush. This is not an inexpensive restaurant and we expect a more relaxed experience when we dine out. The menu was interesting, had a nice selection and was high quality. They just need to back off a little and let you enjoy it.

Asheville, North Carolina
“Oh My Goodness! This Is Great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

Our first time at Oak this past week and we were dazzled. Beautiful ingredients, beautiful presentations and selection and terrific service. We can hardly wait to get back there.

Boulder, Colorado
“Outstanding Food and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

Our adult children decided on OAK to celebrate my birthday. We had been there for lunch......once.
Dinner more than met our expectations........not only was the food excellent....but the waitstaff is trained to the nth degree and pleasant to boot.
IF ONLY the NOISE level were lower.(sigh).
We started with 4 shared plates: crab($16),calamari salad($14), wood grilled eggplant($9), and oak grilled pork belly($13). They were all superb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mains included pork tenderloin for hubby($27),beef strip loin for son($29), whole sea bream for daughter(35) and duck breast for me($28). Two of the mains were on the cool side and the staff couldn't be more apologetic ....just amazing.
ordered a bottle of wine...probably the least costly on the list. It was a Spainish syrrah for $34 and perfectly acceptable. Son and daughter loved their Prosecco(by the glass).
Desserts: lemon cheesecake w/mango sorbert........and the salted caramel bowl: 5 star.

Would definitely dine here more often.........IF the noise level were lower. Again....you can't beat the food or the service.

ENJOY.

1 Thank morewierd
Denver, Colorado
“Tasty and creatuve food at a fair price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

Been wanting to go here for about a yest and we finally made the trip to boulder. We started with the hamachi sashimi with passion fruit sauce. My husband has the "crispy egg" which was a soft boiled egg coated in bread crumbs and then quickly flash fried and served whole over a bed of sautéed spinach, chicken confit, mushrooms, and Texas toast. Pretty filling for a small plate. Next was a tasty crisp apple and kale salad with candied almonds. We split a main of Peking duck breast over black rice with pomagranite seeds. The duck was cooked perfectly and the black rice had a nice nutty flavor. Desert was a Lemmon ricotta cheesecake with blueberry sauce. Tasty, creamy ad a good combo, however they could have left off the mango sorbet they put with it as it didn't add much. Wines by the glass were also very good
, we had a good pinot from Cali and an Italian Barolo.

Seattle, Washington
“WOW a great place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

I was in Boulder last summer for two months and I think I ate at the Oak at least five or six times while in Boulder. My husband was just there and reported back to me that it is still as great as the last time I was there.

The owner's are very intense about the service given and the food that is delivered. I was so impressed with the attention to detail. When you arrive you are immediately greeted with a smile. One of the owner's that usually takes the front end of the restaurant (Bryan) makes a point to know you especially if you return a second time. Now that's impressive.

The chef is the other owner and the food that comes out of the kitchen is awesome. Farm to table how much fresher can you get. Having said that the menu changes weekly but I did notice that they try to keep some of the favorites on the weekly menu.

They are located the well known Pearl St. I would recommend reservations as they are very busy every night.

I can't say enough about this place but that I am going back to Boulder for a month in September and I guarantee that you will find me there.

Here is the link to the restaurant web site. http://oakatfourteenth.com

• Visited May 2013