“For foodies”

Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 14th Street
Transit: Oak at Fourteenth is located on the Pearl Street Mall two blocks away from the main RTD station.
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Foodie restaurant with selections that would probably be a foodie's dream. Kumquat aioli with blah blah blah. (you know what I mean). Though a bit over the top with the foodie stuff (menu said week 64 whatever that means). The food was good. Shrimp, gnocchi with Meyer's lemon butter rocked as did the short ribs and grits (it was fancier on the menu-but that's what it was - short ribs and grits with brussel sprouts.)

Reviewed February 7, 2013

A fun upscale 'hipster' Boulder restaurant on Pearl St., Oak on Fourteenth has a chic modern decor, excellent service, and good eats. Hubby had short ribs, as did 2 others at our table and they were by far the best option of the evening among our group. I had a yummy wood roasted (their signature cooking method) chicken breast, but would have preferred the accompanying bechamel-based sauce to be a bit more flavorful/spiced...(it actually was better reheated the next day). The menu is constantly changing with the seasons so the foodies will be happy to have some variation upon repeated visits. We had a very young but knowlegeable waiter who recommended the short ribs and sea bass...kind of wish I had heeded his sage advice!

All in all, I would recommend this restaurant to those who want a fine dining experience in a place with modern decor and inventive menu. The prices are not too high compared to other Boulder, CO., restaurants in this class of dining, well below a Frasca tab, but not cheap eats either.

This is the link to their website, http://oakatfourteenth.com/

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Husband,son and I just returned from lunch.(1/22/2013). Our son was enthused as he already had 2 lunches here and thought the food was terrific.
Even at lunch, the main dining area was noisy. I would definitely go to the "back room" next time. Much more quiet.
Hubby ordered the double cheeseburger and thought it was excellent. It came w/house made tater tots(salty) ,a fresh root beer made in-house and an extra $1 for bacon.
Son ordered the pull pork sandwich....and while good, was not raving.
I ordered a bowl of sweet potato soup w/ a spiced marshmallow. It was VERY ordinary. may have been better if it was hotter(temperature. In retrospect, I should have returned it. Fresh ground pepper helped a bit.
To try something different I ordered the tomato braised meatballs& burrata cheese and grits. I must say, it was terrific, even though I was expecting "beefy" meatballs and these were not.
Son took 2 doughnuts home. We were too filled to order dessert.
The waiter we had was OK. He really didn't connect. And the main dining room was COLD.(temperature). Wish i had my winter jacket.
I WOULD return.......but lunch for three, including a diet coke, Bombay Sapphire tonic and coffee, came to $63. Add a tip and lunch for 3 was $75.00.
I don't know what you think......but i don't think it's cheap.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Had an early dinner there before a show. We had cocktails, wine and a series of small plates. Everything was very well executed. The only real issue I had was that the two top was too small and the dishes weren't very well time. They mostly came out at the same time.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

If load noise, small portions soaked in oil, and distracted staff are high on your list of priorities in selecting a restaurant this is the place for you! We will not be going back.