“Would you like to fly...”

Fair Winds Hot Air Balloon Flights
More attraction details
Owner description: Hot-Air Ballooning, Balloon Ride, Balloon Flight or Balloon adventure, no matter how it's said, Fair Winds is Colorado's Favorite! Just 30 minutes from both Denver or Estes Park, Enjoy Spectacular Views of the Majestic Rocky Mountains over Beautiful Boulder, Colorado. Our daily Flights offer a year round change of scenery including mountain ranges, plains, and wildlife as far as the eye can see! We welcome private parties as well as large groups, and do promotional as well as instructional Flights. A Gift Certificate for a Hot Air Balloon experience with Fair Winds makes the perfect gift for any occasion. "Creating Lifelong Memories" is our promise and commitment to each of our guests.
Boynton Beach, Florida
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Would you like to fly...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

What an amazing experience! I was quite nervous in the days leading up to our family's first hot air balloon ride as I am quite afraid of heights an had no idea what to expect. Our flight had to be rescheduled from our original day due to winds but Jeff made sure to get us in on another day we were available before leaving for home. We were also a bit delayed on the day of flight due to some unforcasted wind shift. I was extremely appreciative of the level of safety and concern that everyone had to ensure that we had a very safe flight. Jeff (our pilot), Rose and Marie (the crew) were extremely efficient in getting the balloon set up and even had my kids help to keep them engaged. Once we got in, I was positively amazed at how smooth and pleasant the flight was! No fear at all! It is truly like floating...no bumps...you just drift along where the wind takes you. Finding a landing place was quite the adventure. I truly enjoyed being able to see the van chasing us on the ground. The views and photos that we took are second to none. The kids were then able to help deflate the balloon as well which they loved! Special touches galore...I don't want to spoil the final surprise but it came in reusable grocery bags which I love. It will definitely make me enjoy grocery shopping more to be able to remember the experience every time!

North Aurora, Illinois, United States
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Beyond expectations!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

We started off very early in the morning because that is the best time for flying-and they only fly once a day. We were greeted by the staff with a continental breakfast and an explanation of what was going to happen to get us on our way. None of us in our group had ever taken a hot air balloon ride so we were expecting lots of turbulence and a rough landing. I have to say, the ride was like floating on air. It was so smooth. Our pilot had over 40 years flying experience and we had an amazing flight. The sights from 3000 feet above ground are so cool-breathtaking! We were prepared for a bumpy landing, but I have to say, it was rarely smooth. When we returned, we were given pictures, t-shirts, and a bunch of other flight momentos from Fair Winds. Awesome memories!

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Awesome experience! If you aren't sure, you definitely should go!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Our first booking was canceled due to fog, but Jeff was able to fit us in on a Friday....& we are do grateful! The staff is phenomenal...making the experience personal & overall, amazing. My daughter was able to help put the balloon back after it was deflated...making the experience one she will always remember! I can't say enough about how great the staff, the flight, & the experience was! If you aren't sure, select Fair Winds! You won't be disappointed in the customer service...or the views! The flatirons are breathtaking!

Johnson, Vermont
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“"The best and friendliest Balloon ride you'll ever experience"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

We were greeted with the best customer service ever and the balloon ride was fantastic as well... Jeff I loved how you introduced yourself to everyone and took the time to laugh and joke with everyone before and after the ride... Tony our balloon guide was so sweet to my mom when she had a spell in the balloon and made sure she was alright.... can't remember the guys name in the van on the way back to the takeoff site but he was also very,very knowledgeable on the area as far as the attractions and things to see.... You guys rocked !!!!!!!!

Visited July 2013
Chicago, Illinois
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

We were able to get some tremendous photos and our kids had a blast. Smooth take off and landing (a little excitement with balloon landings is expected!).

Great time - highly recommended!

Visited July 2013