“Fantastic!”

Fair Winds Hot Air Balloon Flights
More attraction details
Owner description: Hot-Air Ballooning, Balloon Ride, Balloon Flight or Balloon adventure, no matter how it's said, Fair Winds is Colorado's Favorite! Just 30 minutes from both Denver or Estes Park, Enjoy Spectacular Views of the Majestic Rocky Mountains over Beautiful Boulder, Colorado. Our daily Flights offer a year round change of scenery including mountain ranges, plains, and wildlife as far as the eye can see! We welcome private parties as well as large groups, and do promotional as well as instructional Flights. A Gift Certificate for a Hot Air Balloon experience with Fair Winds makes the perfect gift for any occasion. "Creating Lifelong Memories" is our promise and commitment to each of our guests.
Reviewed September 23, 2012

My husband and I did this while we were on vacation. What a great staff! Everyone was so happy, friendly, and genuine. The actual flight was amazing. We went up 10,000 feet and it was smoother than an elevator ride. Our pilot not only was talented at flying, but he explained the entire process to us. He was also great at sharing details about the area and pointing out fun things you could see from above. The mountains were beautiful, too!

Definitely dress in layers. It's cold in the morning, but being in the balloon will warm you up. They have some small treats available for breakfast before you take off, too. GREAT gift bag to leave with, including a picture of you in the balloon, champagne, and a tshirt!

Thank you, Fair Winds! We will continue to tell all of our friends about your business!

Make sure to tip your pilot!

Reviewed September 15, 2012

I cannot say enough good things about fair wind balloon rides. I was fortunate enough to meet Jeff and his crew in my recent trip to Colorado. The WHOLE experience was awesome, from the time I booked the ride until the moment we all parted ways. These people are great they are very personable, energetic and super nice. All issues of safety where covered and the flight flawless. I would recommend these people to my own mother.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

What an amazing and romantic hot air balloon ride in the Rockies. A brief but fun visit gave us a great experience with Fair winds. Professional and dedicated team took us and a few other couples on lengthy balloon ride.

It was hands on in that we helped a little to get the landed balloon to the nearest dirt road from the corn field we landed in. Fun and adventurous and mostly - great people - even snacks before, gift bag with nice tshirt after.

My wife and I still talk about this trip !

Reviewed September 9, 2012

Girlfriend and I wanted to do something different for Labor Day and we found a wonderful experience. Woke up and drove to the launch site to meet pretty dang early in the morning at 6:30. When we arrived, Jeff and his crew were laying out the balloons preparing for setup. Breakfast was available which include juice and pastries. Jeff got everyone together went over some things and next thing you know, we were setting up balloon. Balloons went up pretty fast and then we all were in the basket (about 9 of us) and in the air. Weather was nice and saw some amazing views of the surrounding cities, mountains and plains....also got a nice view of Denver. We're in the air for maybe 1.25 hours before having to land in a field (bouncing in the landing was fun!).

Unfortunately, the chase team got the van stuck in the field and we were stranded for an hour roasting in the heat. Jeff and his crew were very professional, friendly, and outgoing. Always made sure the passengers were safe and smiling throughout the entire adventure. Once we got back to the launch site, recieved a tote with a shirt, small bottle of champagne, some flyers/info, and a certificate of flight including picture of us.

Thank you Jeff and Crew for a wonderful experience!!!

Reviewed August 24, 2012

My sister and I were looking for something unique to do in Boulder and decided to give this a try based on TripAdvisor reviews. It was a very different and interesting experience. The staff at Fair Winds is top notch - very professional, friendly and confident. The equipment appears well maintained which made me feel better about going up since I'm skittish of heights. The only thing that was disappointing was the weather on the day we went up; there's nothing anyone at Fair Winds could do to make that better. While I'm still glad we went for the experience, the view was limited and disappointing due to the haze and the fact that in August, there was no snow on the distance mountains. This fact alone made the experience not really worth the cost for us. I'm still glad we did it, but I mention this factor for other travelers to consider time of year when booking.

1  Thank MDaughTN