“Wonderful Experience!!!”

Fair Winds Hot Air Balloon Flights
More attraction details
Owner description: Hot-Air Ballooning, Balloon Ride, Balloon Flight or Balloon adventure, no matter how it's said, Fair Winds is Colorado's Favorite! Just 30 minutes from both Denver or Estes Park, Enjoy Spectacular Views of the Majestic Rocky Mountains over Beautiful Boulder, Colorado. Our daily Flights offer a year round change of scenery including mountain ranges, plains, and wildlife as far as the eye can see! We welcome private parties as well as large groups, and do promotional as well as instructional Flights. A Gift Certificate for a Hot Air Balloon experience with Fair Winds makes the perfect gift for any occasion. "Creating Lifelong Memories" is our promise and commitment to each of our guests.
Thornton
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Wonderful Experience!!!”
Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

Girlfriend and I wanted to do something different for Labor Day and we found a wonderful experience. Woke up and drove to the launch site to meet pretty dang early in the morning at 6:30. When we arrived, Jeff and his crew were laying out the balloons preparing for setup. Breakfast was available which include juice and pastries. Jeff got everyone together went over some things and next thing you know, we were setting up balloon. Balloons went up pretty fast and then we all were in the basket (about 9 of us) and in the air. Weather was nice and saw some amazing views of the surrounding cities, mountains and plains....also got a nice view of Denver. We're in the air for maybe 1.25 hours before having to land in a field (bouncing in the landing was fun!).

Unfortunately, the chase team got the van stuck in the field and we were stranded for an hour roasting in the heat. Jeff and his crew were very professional, friendly, and outgoing. Always made sure the passengers were safe and smiling throughout the entire adventure. Once we got back to the launch site, recieved a tote with a shirt, small bottle of champagne, some flyers/info, and a certificate of flight including picture of us.

Thank you Jeff and Crew for a wonderful experience!!!

Knoxville, TN
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Consider the time of year”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

My sister and I were looking for something unique to do in Boulder and decided to give this a try based on TripAdvisor reviews. It was a very different and interesting experience. The staff at Fair Winds is top notch - very professional, friendly and confident. The equipment appears well maintained which made me feel better about going up since I'm skittish of heights. The only thing that was disappointing was the weather on the day we went up; there's nothing anyone at Fair Winds could do to make that better. While I'm still glad we went for the experience, the view was limited and disappointing due to the haze and the fact that in August, there was no snow on the distance mountains. This fact alone made the experience not really worth the cost for us. I'm still glad we did it, but I mention this factor for other travelers to consider time of year when booking.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank MDaughTN
Denver, Colorado, USA
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of a kind experience!”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I surprised my girlfriend with a hot air ballon ride for her birthday. She loved it! We had so much fun! Jeff and the rest of his staff we're very friendly and made our experience a great one. Thanks to all at Fair Winds!

Visited August 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“professional and friendly”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We (2 teens and myself) tried hot air ballooning in the Rockies with this company. I checked with their competition and was concerned at that time about the fires in Colorado. The main reason I chose this co was the clear and detailed knowledge I felt I was receiving from the employee with this co.
We were very happy with this company-they were very courteous and our guide told us of a great deal of experience with hot air balloons.
I would recommend this as a way to see the majestic mountains and a great start to the day.
The breakfast was fine-there was trail mix that seemed homemade-I liked it.
It was exhilerating to take off that bright morning-and soon the heat from the hot air was causing people to peel off the light jackets they were wearing.
It is just quiet, a splendid way to reflect on the beauty you are looking at.
What I really liked was the thoughtful way billing was handled-at the end of the ride and personally with each family.
Our favorite souvenir was the balloon-but we wished there was a way to take one of us as we were departing earth!
A great experience-if you are tall enough to see over the edge of the basket I highly recommend it!

Visited July 2012
“A unique and excellent experience!”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

It's an early morning, but we were greeted with a smile, coffee and donuts. We took off pretty promptly, and had a beautiful balloon ride. When we landed and were driven back, we were given a goody bag with tips for other things to do in the area. Great time!

Been to Fair Winds Hot Air Balloon Flights? Share your experiences!