“Well worth the time and money!”

Boulder Walking Tours
Ranked #11 of 37 Tours in Boulder
More attraction details
Owner description: Not at all hokey but still super fun and also informative -- what could be better?!! Our excellent walking tours are #1 on TripAdvisor for a reason -- we explore Boulder's best places, by foot, and with knowledgeable and passionate guides! 1) Downtown's "Best of Boulder": An award-winning walking tour described as ".... a gem not to be missed!" Fun and fact-filled stroll through vibrant downtown Boulder bringing together history, architecture, people & planning. Join us as we wander the colorful and historic Pearl Street Mall and neighboring areas in a celebration of this incredible community! 2) Chautauqua ~ Living History: Emerging from a cultural movement of the late 19th century, the Chautauqua continues, through simplicity and a wide variety of cultural offerings, to exemplify its original ideals: lifelong learning, love of nature, music & the arts. This delightful tour is narrated with historic photographs that bring the landmark to life.Birds & Bees: Naturalist-Guided Hikes: Our guides are professional naturalists with years of experience guiding hikes in Boulder's Open Space and Mountain Parks. Explore the flora and fauna of the Rocky Mountain foothills -- small groups guaranteed to ensure personalized attention! 3) CU Boulder: A Learning Landmark: This fun and informative stroll through the award-winning CU-Boulder campus offers a thorough exploration of today's dynamic university, but rooted in background from yesteryear. The first building, opened in 1876, sat atop a donated, treeless bluff, its bell tower ringing the vision that spurred "Old Main" and, indeed, the town of Boulder itself. Since then, the campus has expanded in significance ~ architecturally, intellectually, and civically. Come wander, and wonder, with us!
Reviewed August 27, 2012

My husband and I visited Boulder over the weekend and had very little time to wander aimlessly. We picked Boulder Walking tours because the timing was right. Lori was fabulous and giving us a natives view of the downtown with amazing insight on local history. I would recommend this tour for anyone who wants to learn a lot about the area in a short time. Will definitely try the other tours should we return.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Going off great reviews in Moon Guide Colorado and Trip Advisor we signed up for the Boulder Walking Tour. Lori generously helped us schedule a private tour on a day the regular ones werent offered. She was on time, interesting, organized, accurate, and fun to be around. She exuded a love for Boulder that was so evident. We learned a lot about the city and left with great love and fondness for this quirky town. Thanks Lori!!!!

Reviewed August 7, 2012

After living here for 23 years my sister suggested that we take a walking tour of boulder so I signed us up. We learned so much about our cities roots and early settlers through the engaging stories that Lori told us. She answered and pondered questions with us. She made it fun! Our 13 year old found it interesting too! The time went by fast. By the end of the walk you feel like Lori's an old friend and you just want to explore more of boulder! Thanks! I'd highly recommend this tour for anyone!

Reviewed July 29, 2012

My boyfriend and I took the Boulder Walking tour "Nature Hike" our first trip to Boulder and were absolutely glad we did. Our tour guide, Doug, was incredibly knowledgable about the flora and fauna, the history of Boulder and Chautauqua, edible plants, pine beetles, fire ecology, and more. We all agreed to hike a more challenging route, and took plenty of water breaks when needed, in the shade, to talk and show us some examples of plants. He was very friendly and comfortable for us to be with for 2 hours (it was just me and my boyfriend with us - how nice!)

1  Thank Lennaflows
Reviewed July 29, 2012

On a recent trip to Boulder, my boyfriend and I enjoyed the walking tour entitled "The Best of Downtown Boulder: Pearl Street and Beyond." Our knowledgable tour guide was adept in showing our tour of five around the city using stories, landmarks, and humor to paint the story of the town. We recommend this tour to all Boulder visitors (or residents even) as a way to get to know the city better.