“Absolutely worth it!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Boulder Walking Tours

Boulder Walking Tours
Ranked #6 of 31 Tours in Boulder
More attraction details
Owner description: Not at all hokey but still super fun and also informative -- what could be better?!! Our excellent walking tours are #1 on TripAdvisor for a reason -- we explore Boulder's best places, by foot, and with knowledgeable and passionate guides! 1) Downtown's "Best of Boulder": An award-winning walking tour described as ".... a gem not to be missed!" Fun and fact-filled stroll through vibrant downtown Boulder bringing together history, architecture, people & planning. Join us as we wander the colorful and historic Pearl Street Mall and neighboring areas in a celebration of this incredible community! 2) Chautauqua ~ Living History: Emerging from a cultural movement of the late 19th century, the Chautauqua continues, through simplicity and a wide variety of cultural offerings, to exemplify its original ideals: lifelong learning, love of nature, music & the arts. This delightful tour is narrated with historic photographs that bring the landmark to life.Birds & Bees: Naturalist-Guided Hikes: Our guides are professional naturalists with years of experience guiding hikes in Boulder's Open Space and Mountain Parks. Explore the flora and fauna of the Rocky Mountain foothills -- small groups guaranteed to ensure personalized attention! 3) CU Boulder: A Learning Landmark: This fun and informative stroll through the award-winning CU-Boulder campus offers a thorough exploration of today's dynamic university, but rooted in background from yesteryear. The first building, opened in 1876, sat atop a donated, treeless bluff, its bell tower ringing the vision that spurred "Old Main" and, indeed, the town of Boulder itself. Since then, the campus has expanded in significance ~ architecturally, intellectually, and civically. Come wander, and wonder, with us!
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Absolutely worth it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

My boyfriend and I took the Boulder Walking tour "Nature Hike" our first trip to Boulder and were absolutely glad we did. Our tour guide, Doug, was incredibly knowledgable about the flora and fauna, the history of Boulder and Chautauqua, edible plants, pine beetles, fire ecology, and more. We all agreed to hike a more challenging route, and took plenty of water breaks when needed, in the shade, to talk and show us some examples of plants. He was very friendly and comfortable for us to be with for 2 hours (it was just me and my boyfriend with us - how nice!)

1 Thank Lennaflows

18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great way to see and learn about Boulder”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

On a recent trip to Boulder, my boyfriend and I enjoyed the walking tour entitled "The Best of Downtown Boulder: Pearl Street and Beyond." Our knowledgable tour guide was adept in showing our tour of five around the city using stories, landmarks, and humor to paint the story of the town. We recommend this tour to all Boulder visitors (or residents even) as a way to get to know the city better.

Boulder, co.
“Boulders Best !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

Lori really gives an amazing tour. I am from Boulder and have lived here for almost 6 years. I learned sooo much about our 21st century Ourtown. We had some friends in town from California and we all joined into Lori's wonderful walkabout through Downtown Boulder. I highly recommend this tour. Lori gives a fun, lively and informative walk that lasted about 2 hours. If you have friends and family in town - book this tour !
Thanks Lori !

Savannah, Georgia, United States
“July 2012 Tour - Fabulous!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

Thanks Lori for the fun, informative tour last week! We were treated to the tour while we were visiting our friends who are part-time Boulder residents. They toured with you previously and wanted us to have the same experience. They were right - your tour was filled with great information and all the guest enjoyed you so much! Thanks. For anyone reading - I highly recommend this tour!

Georgetown, Texas
170 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 153 helpful votes
“Excellent information”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

I have been traveling to Boulder for 13 years and just took the walking tour. The tour guide was excellent and the information given was informative and interesting. I would highly recommend this tour.

Visited July 2012

Been to Boulder Walking Tours? Share your experiences!