“Excellent information” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Boulder Walking Tours

Boulder Walking Tours
Ranked #8 of 31 Tours in Boulder
More attraction details
Owner description: Not at all hokey but still super fun and also informative -- what could be better?!! Our excellent walking tours are #1 on TripAdvisor for a reason -- we explore Boulder's best places, by foot, and with knowledgeable and passionate guides! 1) Downtown's "Best of Boulder": An award-winning walking tour described as ".... a gem not to be missed!" Fun and fact-filled stroll through vibrant downtown Boulder bringing together history, architecture, people & planning. Join us as we wander the colorful and historic Pearl Street Mall and neighboring areas in a celebration of this incredible community! 2) Chautauqua ~ Living History: Emerging from a cultural movement of the late 19th century, the Chautauqua continues, through simplicity and a wide variety of cultural offerings, to exemplify its original ideals: lifelong learning, love of nature, music & the arts. This delightful tour is narrated with historic photographs that bring the landmark to life.Birds & Bees: Naturalist-Guided Hikes: Our guides are professional naturalists with years of experience guiding hikes in Boulder's Open Space and Mountain Parks. Explore the flora and fauna of the Rocky Mountain foothills -- small groups guaranteed to ensure personalized attention! 3) CU Boulder: A Learning Landmark: This fun and informative stroll through the award-winning CU-Boulder campus offers a thorough exploration of today's dynamic university, but rooted in background from yesteryear. The first building, opened in 1876, sat atop a donated, treeless bluff, its bell tower ringing the vision that spurred "Old Main" and, indeed, the town of Boulder itself. Since then, the campus has expanded in significance ~ architecturally, intellectually, and civically. Come wander, and wonder, with us!
Georgetown, Texas
209 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 168 helpful votes
“Excellent information”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

I have been traveling to Boulder for 13 years and just took the walking tour. The tour guide was excellent and the information given was informative and interesting. I would highly recommend this tour.

Visited July 2012

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Chautauqua walking tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

Lori was a fantastic guide on the walking tour of Chautauqua. She provided an in depth picture of Chautauqua past and present through pictures, historical facts and stories. Chautauqua is a relaxing place to visit - there's even a dining hall and performance center - and yet you are also at the doorstep of the Flatirons and its many trails. I highly recommend a tour with Lori!

Visited July 2012
Chicago, Illinois
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Boulder Walking Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

This was exactly what I wanted on my first trip to Boulder, Lori gave us a great opportunity to hear about the history but mixed it in with the spirit of local ownership and foresightedness of the original and current inhabitants. While we stuck to the approximately 2 mile loop that was promised on the tour there were plenty of suggestions on other places to visit and I did that after the tour. What I really loved was that there were Boulder residents on the tour, it was manageable enough with only 6 of us. It was almost 100 degrees but we kept to the shade and time flew. Lori had a great balance of history, architecture, concern about the heat and engaging folks with each other that made her seem like a long time friend. I had originally signed up for an afternoon tour, Lori let me know I was only one signed up and asked if I wanted to come to the am one. I could easily do that so headed from Denver to Boulder hitting some constrcution that delayed me. Group was wonderful about taking first few minutes slow and waited the extra 8 - 10 minutes for me. There is parking available everywhere. The fee is norminal and coming from Chicago a real bargain. I moved the car a block after 3 hours and actually found street free parking . It was a magical day in Boulder and sparked enough interest for me to return .

1 Thank Mary D
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Enjoyable Walking Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

Because it was our first visit to Boulder, we wanted to take a tour that would give us an overview of the city. Lori did a great job providing Boulder history and fun facts. She was very personable and even with the heat (Lori knew all the shady spots!), the tour was a pleasant stroll around the downtown area (just short of two hours). We would highly recommend this tour!

Birmingham
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Fantastic walking tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2012

My husband and I took this informative and fun tour of Boulder since we had never visited this town before. We met the tour guide, Lori Hunter, at the Boulderado Hotel. Just so you know, you will need to pay a small fee for parking in this area of Boulder ($1.25 per hour). I think there is a three hour limit for most parking spaces. We used the valet parking at the hotel and we stayed in Boulder for over 8 hours. The tour is very well thought out and Lori is so personable. She educated us on the history of Boulder, the culture, interesting architecture, quirky details and more. She carried a binder which housed pictures that aided her tour. The tour is about two miles but it is an easy walk with stops along the way. Lori would ask if we were doing okay and I appreciated her concern for our comfort. At the end of the tour she gave us recommendations for dining which we used for lunch and made sure we had our bearings to explore the town. I really enjoyed this tour and I think I will start doing this type of tour whenever I visit a new place. I can really see the value and appreciate the knowledge that Lori provided. I hope to bring my adult children to Boulder in the near future and will book this tour again when we do.

Visited June 2012

Been to Boulder Walking Tours? Share your experiences!