“Fresh and Excellent Italian”
Review of Arugula

Arugula
Ranked #68 of 573 Restaurants in Boulder
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 28th St (Highway 36)
Transit: Bus stop right in front of the shopping center.
Description: Arugula is the realization of our dream to create a simple, natural, and pleasurable casual dining experience in Boulder, Colorado. Arugula is elegant Italian restaurant dining with the warmth of home in a modern environment, infusing the best of Italian and Mediterranean culinary tradition with our contemporary interpretations. We pride ourselves on being a farm to table restaurant, using ingredients grown based on traditional practices, helping to remind us of our connection to the land and the seasons. We create balanced meals using meats that are naturally raised, in-season organic local produce, and fish and shellfish which is in accordance with Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch guidelines for sustainability. We are proud to offer one of the best dinner spots in Boulder, including an incredible happy hour and delicious tapas. When you're looking for gluten free restaurants in Boulder, we also have an extensive menu to suit your palate. Come join us in North Boulder!
Boulder, Colorado
“Fresh and Excellent Italian”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We continue to return to Arugula when we venture into Boulder. The menu has excellent variety and the chef continues to turn everything up a notch. Sauces are light. Main dishes are savory. Vegetables are cooked to perfection and often in light oil and no butter. The staff is professional and the atmosphere is fresh and contemporary. They have a good wine list; a little overpriced at times but good selections. Great for a couple's night or with grown children. The nuances may be lost on kids and teenagers.

• Visited August 2012

Oronoco, Minnesota
“An excellent Italian meal at a leisurely pace”
Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

Had reservations for 7:45 p.m. and were seated early. Shared olives & bruschetta for starters, had the dried fruits salad, shrimp & pasta. Ate dessert of chocolate swirl gelato and biscotti. The stater, salads & entrees were all excellent. The gelato & biscotti weren't the best I've ever eaten, just o.k. Our server was very attentive without hovering. All hot food was served hot by a variety of servers. We spent about $40 each with most of our group having a glass of wine.

Michigan City, Indiana
“YUM, Yum”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

On a recent visit to Boulder, I lucked into Arugula. It was beautifully appointed (simple Asian)
and the menu had so many inviting items we had to have discussion and votes. I ended up getting the shaved fennell salad w/Idaho trout fillet. I was transported to yum, yum heaven!
No kidding, this was a gorgeous meal and I didn't want to share but did give away a few bites.
When I got home, I got all yhe ingredients and made the salad for myself. I only do that with
dishes I really enjoy. I look forward to my next visit and am telling all I know who go to Boukder to eat at Argula.

• Visited October 2012
Boulder, Colorado, United States
“Fresh, fabulous flavor”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I've dined at Arugula a number of times, and have always been delighted by the food and by the sleek, modern interior, which is far more sophisticated than its strip-mall exterior.

Recently, I had a pepper and pancetta risotto--gluten free--that was quite delicious and satisfying. Salads are always crispy and flavorful. I've also enjoyed the hanger steak at Arugula on several occasions; it's always been tender and wonderfully flavorful.

My husband's salmon was beautifully cooked and Alaskan wild-caught.

There are always a number of vegetarian options and more than one polenta and risotto for those trying to avoid wheat. And save room for the lava chocolate cake (decadent!) or a sip or two of limoncello on a warm evening.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Laurel K
Boulder, Colorado
“Gem In a Strip Mall”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Far (relatively speaking, this is Boulder) from the 29th Street and Pearl Street malls is a restaurant that offers some of the best Italian food in Boulder. The restaurant itself is fairly unassuming, located in a strip mall that also houses a liquor store, tattoo parlor and pizza joint. I advise against outdoor dining unless dining in a parking lot is your cup of tea.

The salads are delicious but, if you're feeling decadent, allow your server to choose among its cured meats and cheeses to create an antipasto platter (include the fruits, nuts and vegetables).

There are a variety of pasta dishes which generally avoid the heavy sauces that often overwhelm an entree. On the lighter side, consider the lemon and garlic shrimp orecchiette. For something more substantial, the sausage and goat cheese penne is a great choice.

For meat lovers, the hanger steak with a Marsala sauce is a delicious. The portion size is not overwhelming, the meat is tender and the sauce is unbeatable. A vegetarian/vegan option is also available.

• Visited August 2012