“Good Beer and Pizza”

Twisted Pine Brewing Company
Ranked #31 of 143 things to do in Boulder
More attraction details
Owner description: Founded in 1995, Twisted Pine Brewing Company has long served as both a locals' hangout spot and a popular destination for craft beer tourism. We're home to some truly twisted concoctions, including our Ghost Face Killah (the spiciest beer in the world), Big Shot(brewed with locally roasted coffee), Roots Revival (a Carrot IPA), as well as an array of delicious, award-winning brews. We feature 24 taps, with many devoted to showcasing small batch experimental beers. In addition, we have a full menu, consisting of fresh pizzas, sandwiches, soups, salads, and more. Twisted Pine is centrally located and is an easily reached destination from anywhere in town. We're looking forward to enjoying a fresh pint of Colorado craft beer with you!
Boulder, Colorado, United States
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Good Beer and Pizza”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I dropped by here a couple of days after Christmas for lunch with a couple of friends of mine. It's a pretty basic bar/restaurant and we sat at the bar. I started out with a 5 beer taster and picked Hoppy Knight IPA, Modern Day Pineer, Red Mountain Ale, American Amber Ale, and Cream Style Stout. The first three were the seasonals and I liked Hoppy Knight IPA the best out of all of them. The Modern Day Pineer was supposed to be a hoppier pumpkin ale, but I didn't really get much of a pumpkin taste out of it. After finishing those off, I had a taste of the dark Christmas Ale and the Noel Trippel. I really enjoyed the Noel Trippel, so ordered a glass of that.

One of my friends and I split a Pepperoni and Mushroom Pizza. It tasted very good. Our other friend had a cup of chile and said that was really good. He also had two Hoppy Boy pints with them and judged them quite good.

I'll be back to try more beers. My only disappointment was that they were out of shirts in my size and sold their last German growler while I was there. Oh, well. At least I had good beer and pizza.

Visited December 2012

Denver, Colorado
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Mediocre”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Traveling with a group of beer enthusiasts, we were not very impressed with Twisted Pine on our most recent visit. They were out of the beers we wanted to try in addition to signature pizzas. When a member of my party asked the bartender what should bring her back since they were out of everything, his response was "because we are awesome." There was a live band there that night, which made the place crowded with half-drunk people who smelled strongly of BO and weed. The pizzas we did have were good, but we weren't impressed with the flight of beers we tried, and probably won't be going back any time soon.

Visited October 2012
Littleton, Colorado
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great place”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Discovered their beer at Blues and Brews Fest in Telluride so had to check them out when in Boulder. Great beer, great service, tasty appetizers. Place is a locals hangout.

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Nice staff and patio area”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Billie's chillies and Ghost Killah are very different unique brews, hoppy boy was delicious and glad to hear their beer is sold at Whole Foods

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Fdlg75
St. Pete, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“If you like beer, this place is for you”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

This is a real, honest-to-goodness brewery that pours some awesome beers. We were lucky enough to get a tour and the grilled cheese & grilled PB&J's were great. Dont expect a high-end restaurant with $20 plates and $8 beers with a spotless brewing area. This is the real deal that will expose you to what a working (micro?) brewery is like, all while drinking fantastic beers with the friendly staff. The owner was even there anonymously having a drink and chatting with everyone, a real treat.

Visited July 2012