“Definitely worth the trip!”

Leanin' Tree Museum of Western Art
Ranked #4 of 134 things to do in Boulder
More attraction details
Owner description: For over 65 years, Leanin' Tree has been spreading smiles across America with our unique greeting cards. We are also home to one of the best private collections of Western and wildlife art, including a stunning outdoor sculpture garden. Come join us for FREE production tours to see how greeting cards are made, or enjoy the artwork at your own pace. Our gift shop features discounted greeting cards, beautiful art reproductions, unique gifts (many made right here in Colorado!), as well as a year round Christmas room.
Dyersburg, TN
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Definitely worth the trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

Our daughter is going to school at CU, and we stopped by Leanin' Tree when we were in town for a visit. We loved it! It's in a quiet place -- tucked away in an industrial park -- but the contents of this museum aren't quiet at all. They speak volumes, really, and there's so much to see! I can't express just how impressed we were. I'd recommend it to anyone who doesn't have an aversion to Western art, and even those who do might be converted once they walk through the Leanin' Tree doors.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank tallchic2

Maroa, Illinois
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Nice, free tour of Western Art museum”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014

Walked through at own pace, interesting with variety of art and items to enjoy. Liked the shop and prices were ok. Would recommend for anyone who likes western art.

Visited March 2014
Colorado
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Beautiful Art & Sculptures”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

I live in Boulder. I took my mom to the Leanin' Tree Museum when she was visiting me from NJ. She absolutely loved it. It was easy to find. Easy to park. Very relaxed. Nice gift shop. There are lots of beautiful paintings showing cowboys, Indians, horses, bears, western scenery, etc. Outside is a nice collection of statues and sculptures.

Visited August 2013
Forks, Washington
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Outstanding Museum of Western Art”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

This is a hidden gem. It is housed at Leanin' Tree. You drive into a small office/industrial park on the outskirts of town. Until you get there nothing reveals that you are about to see one of the best displays of western art I have ever seen. This was my first visit and I was absolutely amazed.

They have a small sculpture garden outside with some grass and benches to relax at. As we went in were greeted by a lady welcoming us and telling us that photography was welcome. It is free although they are hoping to sell you something from the gift shop on the way out.

The paintings inside were spectacular and I couldn't believe how many there were. It's not like a regular art museum where they only hang one or two items on each wall. This was stuffed with paintings hung all over every wall. There were little descriptions of the paintings and the artists hung with them.

This is an excellent collection and very broad in its scope. There were some wonderful paintings from artists I have never heard of. There were also a lot of smaller sculptures inside.

Allow plenty of time to see the collection. It's too good to rush through.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Jennifer G
Boulder, Colorado
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Leanin' Tree Museum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

Just outside of Boulder proper, but the trip is well worth it if you are into western art. Their collection is well worth the trip and you can spend a whole day there.

Visited November 2013