“Fabulous Experience”

Colorado Chautauqua Lodging
Ranked #14 of 23 Hotels in Boulder
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 7, 2014

An outstanding alternative to a typical hotel experience. This is where I plan to stay from now on while visiting my daughter at CU. The restaurant was fantastic and a great value as well. I did not miss traipsing through a lobby after struggling to find a place to park to get crammed into an elevator to find my room.
Peace and tranquility along with outstanding meals are what I will remember.

Room Tip: If on is used to a TV and a typical hotel experience, this is not the place for you. If tranquillit...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
MATT H, Director of Hospitality at Colorado Chautauqua Lodging, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Your feedback helps us continually improve our performance - so thank you so much for sharing. It is our goal at Colorado Chautauqua to provide every guest with the most memorable experience possible. We are proud of the fact that we do not provide the typical hotel experience and everyone here works hard to keep it that way. Thank you again for taking the time to comment about your stay and we look forward to your next visit to Boulder.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

We recently enjoyed a 3 night stay in a 1 Bdr. cabin. What a nice alternative to a traditional hotel. Very clean and well kept cabin with an up to date kitchen. It was an ideal way to spend time with family in our own space.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Your feedback helps us continually improve our performance - so thank you so much for sharing. It is our goal at Colorado Chautauqua to provide every guest with the most memorable experience possible. Our housekeeping & maintenance teams do a great job in caring for our cottages and I will share your comments with them. We are proud to say that we are a great alternative to a traditional hotel. Thank you again for taking the time to comment about your stay and we look forward to your next visit to Boulder.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

Despite the unexpected snowstorm, we very much enjoyed our stay at Chautauqua. Such a nice, quaint area in an amazing location. Our cottage (#22) was a small, two bedroom, but very comfortable. We will definitely go back!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
MATT H, Director of Hospitality at Colorado Chautauqua Lodging, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Your feedback helps us continually improve our performance - so thank you so much for sharing. It is our goal at Colorado Chautauqua to provide every guest with the most memorable experience possible. Cottage 22 is one of our more popular ones and I'm so glad that you found it comfortable. Thank you again for taking the time to comment about your stay and we look forward to your next visit to Boulder.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

My family & I loved the location, cabin & peacefulness of our stay at Chautauqua. Our children loved having mountain trails in iur "backyard" & constantly said "this is so much better than a hotel!" We will definately return.

• Stayed: March 2014
MATT H, Director of Hospitality at Colorado Chautauqua Lodging, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Thank you so much for your comments. We will use your feedback to continually improve our performance. I can speak for everyone at Colorado Chautauqua when I say that we are proud of our accommodations and it is our pleasure to provide you with the most memorable experience possible. I'm so glad to hear that you loved your stay with us and found a peaceful escape in your backyard. We like to think of ourselves as being "so much better than a hotel" too. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit to Boulder.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

My kind of place-a perfect 3 bedroom cottage with more space than needed. Everything was up to date, appliances all worked,bathrooms were clean. A very modest place with a perfect location. I have stayed here in the summer, and enjoyed it as much in march. Loved walking out my door and being able to hike through the mountains. THe lodge provided a lovely menu. The people in the office were extremely helpful. A short drive to everywhere in boulder.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
MATT H, Director of Hospitality at Colorado Chautauqua Lodging, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Thank you so much for your comments. We will use your feedback to continually improve our performance. I can speak for everyone at Colorado Chautauqua when I say that we are proud of our accommodations and it is our pleasure to provide you with the most memorable experience possible. I'm glad to hear that your cottage was clean & modern and that our Hospitality Assistants were so helpful. It will be my pleasure to share your comments with them. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit to Boulder.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

Fun quick little getaway in cottage 25. Backs to foothills. Small kitchen plus 2 bedrooms with full size beds in each room with a pull out sofa in the living room. No TV.... love that! Clean and quiet. Great location to hike, enjoy the tennis courts, open park and playground. Only downside I felt the beds were too small for a couple.I had trouble sleeping comfortably. If you prefer a larger bed request a cottage with a queen. Everything you need for a relaxing stay and we will come again.

Room Tip: Ask for a cottage with at least a queen bed for a couple.
1  Thank DenverREO

Thank you so much for your comments. We will use your feedback to continually improve our performance. I can speak for everyone at Colorado Chautauqua when I say that we are proud of our accommodations and it is our pleasure to provide you with the most memorable experience possible. I'm glad to read that you found your cottage clean & quiet. However, I am sorry that you couldn't get a comfortable sleep because of the full-size bed. I will share your comments with all of our staff. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit to Boulder.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

The view of the mountains from our cottage was absolutely breathtaking, the people were super friendly, the room was very clean, and they were environmentally friendly -there is absolutely nothing I could find to complain about except that it was kind of hard finding the check in desk because of the goofy titles they give the buildings (e.g. 'Academic Hall'). It must be a good place to stay if that is the only thing I can find to complain about.
The Boulder area is very cool as well. There were trail heads for hiking very close to the cottages and a short drive away. Also, the price was very good. This left a lot of extra money to spend on one of the many restaurants in town, the Pearl Street mall (an outdoor mall that is kind of pricey, but very neat), or some of the herbs that are legal in this state. There is nothing quite like stopping by one of the local dispensaries and taking a little nature walk to clear one's mind. I personally recommend 'The Green Room'.
The stay was great, the people were great, the mountains were great, the food was great. I'm thinking of moving to Boulder next week, ha.

Room Tip: I was in room 510. It was very clean and comfortable and had most modern amenities except for a tele...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
MATT H, Director of Hospitality at Colorado Chautauqua Lodging, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Thank you so much for your comments. We will use your feedback to continually improve our performance. I can speak for everyone at Colorado Chautauqua when I say that we are proud of our accommodations and it is our pleasure to provide you with the most memorable experience possible. I'm glad to hear that Cottage 510 was clean & comfortable and that all of our staff were so friendly. I will be sure to share your comments with them all. I'm sorry that you had some difficulty checking in because of the names of our buildings - but we've kept all of the names to respect the 115-year history of Colorado Chautauqua. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit to Boulder.