“Rating regional pizza places is difficult”
Review of Beau Jo's Pizza - CLOSED

Beau Jo's Pizza
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed March 24, 2013

It all comes down to preference. I'm a pizza idiot. I could eat it every day and do the opposite of complaining. But I don't really have a favorite style—if it's right, I don't care where it comes from. That said, pizza junkies are always on the prowl for the perfect combination, and we know we'll never find it. Beau Jo's is just fine. It's good product and high-quality ingredients, but it's just kind of . . . there. The mozz is the star. Don't know who the supplier is, but the cheese is the key. Stretchy without breaking down and a little hint of age. Just a perfect topper.

Sauce is fine, and the meats are adequate. The Prairie crust is nicely textured, but it's a quick-rise dough with neither salt nor sweet notes. It's a decent platform, but without distinctive flavor character on its own. That's a major problem for a pizza lover. And the suggestion of drenching it in honey doesn't help. But it's a subjective thing. Don't mean to overshadow the quality of the overall product. It'll still get you through the night. Pretty pricey for delivery, though.

Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Good buffet, several types of pizza (6) plus soup and full salad bar. $7 for students, $9 for others. Good value. Good pizza. Sandwiches are huge also, easily enough for 2.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Service was great. They were helpful and accommodating. Food was awesome. Lots of great pizza topping options.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This was my first visit to Beau Jo's and was because of a suggestion from friends. We shared a prairie crust combo pie and it came in a reasonable time, piping hot. I found the pizza to taste a little bland and not much of an improvement over most frozen pizzas. Also, it seemed that cheese was a bit lacking. Costco's take-out combo pizza tasted better and was much less expensive. After giving some thought to the meal, I wondered if I should have gotten a thicker crust? I must point out that the gal waiting on us was very responsive and caring after noticing that one of my friends' children became ill while at the restaurant (totally unrelated to the food). I found that kind of customer service hard to find these days and, because of that, I am willing to try Beau Jo's again with a different crust or menu selection.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Been to a few Beau Jos and have been impressed each time. The one in Boulder is a popular spot for the nearby Colorado Univ. students. The salad bar is excellent...very plentiful with lots of choices. The pizza is memorable: wheat crust with honey and piled high with ingredients. They also have a comprehensive Gluten free menu if that is your thing. The pizza is different from any other pizza place so while there may be better pizza, there is no pizza like Beau Jo's. With a cold beverage, this is an ideal meal for solo dining, couples or even casual business. Whenever I am back in Boulder, I always make sure to stop by for some Mountain Pie at Beau Jo's.