“Maybe I should have tried a different crust?”
Review of Beau Jo's Pizza - CLOSED

Beau Jo's Pizza
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This was my first visit to Beau Jo's and was because of a suggestion from friends. We shared a prairie crust combo pie and it came in a reasonable time, piping hot. I found the pizza to taste a little bland and not much of an improvement over most frozen pizzas. Also, it seemed that cheese was a bit lacking. Costco's take-out combo pizza tasted better and was much less expensive. After giving some thought to the meal, I wondered if I should have gotten a thicker crust? I must point out that the gal waiting on us was very responsive and caring after noticing that one of my friends' children became ill while at the restaurant (totally unrelated to the food). I found that kind of customer service hard to find these days and, because of that, I am willing to try Beau Jo's again with a different crust or menu selection.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Been to a few Beau Jos and have been impressed each time. The one in Boulder is a popular spot for the nearby Colorado Univ. students. The salad bar is excellent...very plentiful with lots of choices. The pizza is memorable: wheat crust with honey and piled high with ingredients. They also have a comprehensive Gluten free menu if that is your thing. The pizza is different from any other pizza place so while there may be better pizza, there is no pizza like Beau Jo's. With a cold beverage, this is an ideal meal for solo dining, couples or even casual business. Whenever I am back in Boulder, I always make sure to stop by for some Mountain Pie at Beau Jo's.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Beau Jo's has consistently great pizza, with wonderful options for meat eaters, vegetarians, and gluten free folks. They also have a great salad bar to help you eat less pizza and some more nutritious food while you're there. Or if you're feeling extravagant, you can save room for gelato afterwards. Here's a tip to save money and carbs: Buy the one pound pizza instead of the 2 pound if you're serving one or two people. The pizzas have the same size in terms of diameter, and the 1 pound pizza is smaller mostly because the crust isn't quite as heavy. And come during off hours to get faster service, as it can get busy on evenings and weekend nights. Beau Jo's is a little more expensive then some pizza dives, but the goodness is worth it. Check out the menu: http://www.beaujos.com/images/MENU~Beau%20Jo's.pdf

Reviewed July 18, 2012

This place is known for it's pizza and they push the "Colorado" style. It was good, but the only aspect to distinguish it from some other is that it is HUGELY THICK, AT LEAST 2 INCHES. Crust is tasty, if you LIKE crust.

Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

Been here three times, first time was probably some of the best pizza we had ever had! So we brought our whole family there and it sucked!! Pizza didn't seem cooked, took over an hour and 15 min, and the waiter didn't seem to care that we were unsastisfied!! Still longing for that first experience me and the wife went back alone, just not the same... We ended up just pretty much eating crust and honey since the rest of the pizza was soggy! Won't prolly be back:(