“SUP fun!”

Stand Up Paddle Colorado
Ranked #3 of 7 things to do in Bond
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Closed for the 2018 Season. Thank you for a wonderful summer! *Re-opening mid-May of 2019* Stand Up Paddle Colorado is revolutionizing the way people recreate in Colorado during the summers. We are the first SUP focused river outfitter in the state and have a one of a kind base camp on the shores of the Colorado River. Our goal is to offer safe, fun, informative and instructional tours and spread the stoke we have for the emergent sport of SUP. We have great media package upgrades and group pricing. We offer transportation from Summit County, Vail, Avon and Beaver Creek and have the largest fleet available in the state. Because of our location, you will find that we have multiple start times that can fit into your schedule. We have package options if you are serious about exploring different sections and testing yourself and your group in a ride and experience like no other.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My family and I did a tour with Stand Up Paddle Colorado and we loved it so much, we shortly after bought the Hala Hoss BT SUP. Stand Up Paddle Colorado is a 5 star outfitter. From start to finish, they deliver a lot of fun along the beautiful Colorado River! Their equipment is all top of the line and the guides are all extremely professional and safety conscious. If you're visiting the Vail Valley, a tour with Stand Up Paddle Colorado is a must!! Guaranteed fun for the whole family!!

1  Thank Mollyg899
"workout"
"team"
"ages"

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We had an amazing day with Javier of SUPCO! We're relatively experienced on SUP's but not a ton of river running - and we've never been on this stretch of river before. After talking with SUPCO we decided on the 10 mile full day Advanced trip. It was a fantastic experience. Javier made sure to have us practice some of the river-specific techniques - eddying, ferrying, finding your line through rapids - and provided excellent guiding for the full day on the river. He even found a spot for some 'surfing' on a small rapid - it was super fun to ride that wave!!

On the Class III spot, I did fall at the very end, missing the line on the last drop. My husband fell as well, but Javier was more than happy to walk back up with him and run the spot a few more times until my husband ran it clean. I was very impressed that he didn't have the "let's just keep going and not waste time" attitude - but was a true guide and teacher.

Their equipment is top notch - we both chose the Hala Hoss BT and had good quality paddles.

The only thing I was surprised about was Javier mentioning many times the lunch at KK's when we finished (which was included in our trip pricing). Then, at the end of the trip, I found out why - a great BBQ shack with killer ribs and burgers! Truly out of this world.

From other posts, it sounds like SUPCO is great for beginners, and from my experience, their Advanced trip is excellent too. Highly recommended!!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

SUPCO is a safety conscious, fun inducing touring company. Their equipment is top notch and the guides made sure that everyone was properly fitted in safety gear before the start of the trip. They also made sure that we all understood the SUP technique and provided much appreciated and continuous local knowledege about the river, currents and paths through the rapids. My wife and kids (3, 7 & 10) went on the SUPSQUATCH with a guide while I ventured on a SUP. The SUP river experience was super fun and the Colorado scenery, unmatchable. I highly recommend it to everyone.

Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Kayaking and whitewater rafting are great, but SUP takes it to another level. This company cares about their customers and they have a passion for what they do. My husband and I had a great adventure with Joey, our guide. Great activity for all ages, with a variety of options for everyone! To top it off, it's an amazing workout with great scenery! So glad we did this!