“Not impressed!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lu's main street cafe

Lu's main street cafe
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Blanca
Cuisines: Mexican, American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Clovis, New Mexico, United States
“Not impressed!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

This came highly recommended. Perhaps we just got there at a bad time. It was late in the afternoon and we were the only ones there. I couldn't believe how long it took to get our food - we had been there nearly an hour. My meal came with a salad. She asked me what kind of dressing I wanted but she never brought my salad. I ordered a spiced up hamburger which was really good but the two guys ordered steak and neither liked them. They were dry. They have huge portions of dessert. My husband and I ordered a double size piece of cheese cake. I thought "WOW" that's actually two pieces. But it didn't have much taste to it. Probably we need to try it again but I doubt we will.

• Visited June 2012

Denver, Colorado
“Don't miss Lu's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2012

We often go there just for Burritos.. they are good and enjoy the attention and the food quality. It looks like a hole in the wall, but the food is very good and you can catch a news program on the TV or just enjoy the folksy signs on the wall. The parking lot is full of big rigs.. and you know what that means?

• Visited July 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
United States
“Great Home-Style Cooking”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2012

Lu's is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. It is more a cafe/diner with the standard plastic table cloths and non-descript decor BUT the FOOD IS GREAT!

Home-made everything, from soups to desserts. Excellent Tex/Mex on the menu along with chops, steak, eggs, etc.

Portions are adult-sized and will fill you up, but save room for fresh carrot cake or cherry pie!

They do serve beer, wine and limited mixed drinks including Margaritas.

Don't let the outside fool you, there is great food INSIDE!! YUM

Visited February 2012
Colorado
“Good pick in very small town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2011

We were driving from ABQ on 285 due to a highway closure and needed a place for lunch. Blanca is very small, and this cafe is right on the main drag. Just pull off the street and park. Plenty of locals were eating here. Very acceptable Mexican food, including vegetarian entrees. Desserts are worth having here. Good selection of pies that looked and tasted homemade. No frills place, but clean, pleasant, and reasonably priced. We do not plan to drive through Blanca again anytime soon, but if we did, we would be pleased to stop here for lunch again.

• Visited June 2011