“An Unexpected Pleasure”
Review of The Lodge Casino

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Black Hawk
The Lodge Casino
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Black Hawk
Reviewed December 12, 2013

My husband and I usually stay at a neighboring casino hotel but we received a room comp in the mail. I am SO glad we decided to stay here - what a pleasure! It was my birthday and after we checked into the hotel, we entered our room and on the coffee table sat a wonderful birthday cake w/plates and everything! Our usual hotel never does anything like that for a birthday or an anniversary. i admit the room wasn't as big as the neighboring casino hotel but was very comfortable and also had a seating area with a full sofa, arm chair, and coffee table. The Lodge has recently remodeled their 50 rooms and I must admit, the decor could have been a little bit more upscale (it felt a little bit like a Comfort Inn & Suites) but the whole feeling of the hotel was friendly hometown comfort. They even had coffee brewing in the lobby. I got the best sleep on a most comfortable bed with soft linens. The king room we stayed in had a large screen TV , had loads of TV channels (for when you're not gaming) and also had pay per view movies (something our usual hotel doesn't have). The bathroom was about 1/3 the size of the neighboring casino hotel bathroom, but was beautifully redone in marble with a walk in shower that had a built in seat. They also had built in toiletries in the shower. The White Buffalo restaurant was great with a windowed circular view of the area. You not only get a choice of soup or salad with your meal, you also get a choice of two large side dishes. My husband and I dropped about $56 inc. tax & tip for a wonderful meal (we also had a comp for $30 off our meal making it only $26) compared to the $86 we dropped eating dinner at the neighboring casino hotel restaurant for only an entree and 1 side dish and a dark view of nothing but the inside of the restaurant. This is our new, "go to" hotel when we stay in Blackhawk. I recommend this hotel "highly" and the casino ain't bad either!

Room Tip: All 50 rooms are on the 3rd floor and have views of the streets and mountains in the area.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Keebler4u

Reviewed November 26, 2013

I have won my biggest jackpots in Black Hawk at the Lodge. Also the buffet is wonderful, I love the Saturday and Sunday Champagne Brunch. The hotel rooms rival those in Vegas. Very nice linens, pillows and comfy beds.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank joypolly
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I usually stay at a neighboring casino in Black Hawk but had a comp room at The Lodge and wanted to give it a try for the first time. The arrival was nice with helpful Valet Parking. Check in was quick and easy. The "other" casino where I usually stay needs a really good carpet cleaning, but that's not a problem at The Lodge. I noticed they were upgrading couches in the rooms after I checked it. The rooms are very nice. They are clean and roomy. There are none of the "weathered" looks at The Lodge that I've notice at other casinos. The rooms are clean, as are the carpets, the bed comfortable and the stonework in the rooms is a nice addition. I found out after arrival that my room even had a mini fridge which is good to know for future trips. I much prefer the room here than at the casino where I usually stay. Another point in favor of The Lodge is the buffet. Dinner buffet is one of the best I've been to. And yes, they have crab legs just like a few of their competitors. The rest of the buffet offerings are really good and don't have that same frozen, bland taste.

The only problem I've found so far is limited rooms. The Lodge only has 50 rooms and my first date choice was sold out. While checking in, I heard an agent tell a telephone customer that this Sunday was also sold out. With my normal stay in Black Hawk, I've never run into a sold out issue. After this visit to The Lodge, reasons for that difference are appearing more obvious.

Overall, I really like The Lodge and when available, will choose to stay and eat at The Lodge over the casino where I've stayed the last few trips to Black Hawk. The Lodge is a definite improvement in all aspects.

Room Tip: Book early if you're looking at a weekend.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Jay R
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We had not played the slots in over 10 years but we won a dinner at the White Buffalo restaurant which was very nice and we would recommend the restaurant.
It is a white table cloth kind of expensive but the room was very nice and the food was very good. We got there early so we thought we would play a few slots and found that we did not even know how to any more. We had to get a card to play as there are not any places to put coins and no pull down handles and were always going up to customer service to have them help us figure it all out. Not very many people there and it just wasn't much fun for us. Probably won't be back.

Room Tip: Did not have a room - just a day trip.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank LuanneSo
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We spent a night at the Lodge Casino and were very pleased with our stay. It is very close to Denver and just several miles North of I-70. To start with they provide covered Valet parking. The check in desk is on the 3rd floor, away from the gambling. The room was very nice, with a king size bed and a beautiful bathroom. We ate dinner at the White Buffalo Grille, located on the 2nd floor. the meal was great, with very good service. The next morning we had breakfast at the buffet. It was very reasonable, just $6.99 with a great selection of food and deserts. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Looking forward to another stay there. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank john c
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Room was a comp's room. It was beautiful and had a great view. It had a jet massage tub with a tv. Bed was pretty comfortable too. Unfortunately, we were barely in the room to enjoy the amenities as we were gambling most of the time.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank melanie n
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We won a trip to visit this property in a contest:

Area - Both Black Hawk and Central City are beautiful locations and well worth the visit for a drive through. If you are not a gambler, staying in Black Hawk will not suit you. They do not have any shopping, stores, historic areas, or tourist activities. The only attractions are hotels, restaurants, and casinos. A visit to the near by Hidee Mine is fun though.

Parking - First, when you arrive, it should be clear that there is no self parking. I tend to not like valet's driving my car, but it is not an option for guests, unless you want to leave your vehicle outside in an unsecured area.

Service - The hotel part of the casino is small and appears to have a smaller staff. However, most of the staff were exceptionally friendly from valet and the hotel. Check-in and check-out were very easy. We also asked for a fork for some cake and they were able to quickly provide I.

Buffalo Grill - While pricey, well worth the cost. We had the crab and the lobster (each $40) but they came with a soup, and two sides. A variety bread basket with an outstanding herb butter was served also. Wines are reasonably priced and serving sizes are generous. The wait staff is attentive and well trained. I tried the caramel crunch cake for desert and my husband had the chocolate cake which were also very tasty. I have to say the meal was the highlight of our trip. The ambiance and views are great from the hotel where they have both a lodge type area with a fire place or large windows with views of the mountains and downtown area.

Room - The rooms were large and updated. The photos on this website are incorrect as it has been recently remodeled. The beds and linens are very nice, but the pillows were a bit lumpy. No bathtub but a beautiful tiled shower and granite countertops. The furniture matched a high end lodge décor. The amenities are sparse and include only a small refrigerator, fixed shampoo, lotion, conditioner, and body wash (meaning bottles that you could not removed and are refilled) that were in pretty lodge casino bottles. The room did have decent wireless internet. No desk but a small, empty, slate tiled couch table and a small seating area were in the room. Television was on the smaller side but was flat screened.

Cleanliness - The room was clean and comfortable. An easy to use thermostat was on the wall. The only issue with cleanliness that we had was that a used energy drink was left in our fridge. Also, even though we were in a non-smoking room, the smell of smoke was evidently coming through the vents as we could smell it all night and felt plugged up in the morning.

Quietness - The room was mostly quiet with the exception of a few doors shutting now and then. We could not hear the casino noise at all. The heat/air system made a whistle noise which was a bit annoying. I don't know if this was just specific to our room.

Room Tip: If you need non-smoking, make sure you are far from the smoking section.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Table Mountain Inn
Table Mountain Inn
#1 of 19 in Golden
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Denver West - Golden

Been to The Lodge Casino? Share your experiences!