“Great service, excellent food”
Review of Timberline Grill

Timberline Grill
Ranked #2 of 24 Restaurants in Black Hawk
Cuisines: Armenian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hwy 119
traveler
“Great service, excellent food”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Had dinner with friends here and the waitress was exceptionally nice. I think we kept them late but she didn't seem to mind at all. Had a variety of the items on their menu and not a single one disappointed.

Visited June 2014

La Junta, CO
“Very nice selection of food.”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I had short ribs in a cabernet reduction. My wife had osso bucco. You have the choice of going for the (what I consider to be) higher priced steaks and entrees, or you can save some money. The staff was most pleasant. The wine selection was smart and on the mark. We remarked 3 or 4 times during our trip how pleasant this dinner was for us.

Visited April 2014
Texas
“Surprisingly wonderful”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Being a hotel restaurant in a fairly remote town, I did not expect much...but Timberline was wonderful! Staff was friendly and service prompt. Excellent house wine and a nice draft beer selection. Bread basket was delicious and offered variety. Ordered ribs with potatoes au gratin and roast chicken with asparagus - all fantastic. Everything tasted fresh! Would be our first stop on a return trip to Black Hawk.

Visited March 2014
Colorado
“Quiet ambiance for a special dinner”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

This was our 38th wedding anniversary so we decided to eat here, as we have eaten here at the Timberline many times and it was always very enjoyable. Since we wanted the mood of the quiet ambiance and good food we've come to know and expect from Timberline, this was a 1st choice for us.
I was somewhat disappointed that they no longer served the "Cedar Plank Salmon, or the encrusted halibut", so oh well, I chose the Grouper/vegetables banked in parchment - it was good. My husband had a steak and an add on of grilled shrimp - the shrimp was really good - wish they had that as an option of an entree instead of an "add on". He said the steak was good. Service between the salad and entree was a bit too long. We'll go back, but will probably try a few other restraurants in the area that we haven't tried yet.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Thalver
Gilroy
“Sad Salmon”
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Ordered the grilled salmon. It was dry with a thick greasy crust on the bottom. It was one big disappointment. I nixed the vegetables because they offered mixed carrots and zuccini (zuccini pretty much ruins every dish it's in with bitterness). The server didn't offer an alternative; just doubled the rice. The restaurant was very pleasant and more comfortable than the food court or balancing a pizza box on my lap at the gate. A good meal never seems to be in the cards at airports.

Visited November 2013