“Horrible smoking Room!!”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Black Hawk
Craig, Colorado
“Horrible smoking Room!!”
Reviewed June 23, 2011

To be fair, when I reserved the room I was told all they had left were smoking rooms. I really wanted to use the Alice coupon that was good for 1 night & 2 buffett dinners for $89. So I agreed to the room thinking "how bad could it be" The answer BAD! First upon arrival we waited and waited along with plenty of others for the elevators to arrive. Given the response from all of the other guest we knew this would sum up what it would be like to use the elevators. So even given our room ended up being on the 7th floor, we took the stairs the rest of our stay. The front desk staff was very cold & unfriendly. Could definitely use some customer service skills at that desk. Even though I asked a few questions since it was my first time staying there. I just got short, quick answers (we were the only guest checking in). The minute we walked in the room the stench was terrible. We dropped our bags & headed to the casino for dinner & gambling. Once returning to our room for the night, we turned on the air, which made the stench even worst. I don't think I slept at all that night. Getting into bed the sheets & pillows smelled so strong of stale smoke I wonder if they were even cleaned for us. We will probably never stay at the Isle again or if we do definitely not a smoking room. I didn't even know there were smoking rooms anymore with the law that was passed. You can't smoke in the casino or bars, but you can in your hotel room apparently.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rjt_felten

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Fort Collins
Reviewed January 26, 2011

My boyfriend came into town so we decided to go on a mini get away while he was here. We had an offer code which got us 2 buffets and a room for $59. The offer said that it could be used on a suite if they were available. After calling to book our reservation we requested a suite and got one at no additional charge. So here is the low down. Some of the rooms have be renovated while others are older. We were there on a week night in January so I requested a new room. Our room was fantastic! Beautiful Granite bathroom, and a jacuzzi in our room. Everything was nice new and clean just like the pictures on their website. The buffet wasn't fantastic but isn't as bad as people say. They had shrimp and crab legs. The deserts were good. My rule was if it looks good try it and if it looks bad stay away. We will defiantly be doing this again. Slacker and Steve from Alice 105.9 pair up with the isle to do that $59 special so check their website to see if they have an offer code

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank FortCollinsGirl
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed January 10, 2011

We've stayed at the Isle of Capri hotel one night in a very clean Pet friendly room.
The room wasn't ready at 4 o'clock as we were told and I got a little disappointed but the room was comfortable and clean. The hotel is within walking distance from all the casino of the town.
I think it was a little expensive because the rate didn't even include breakfast. But it was the only pet friendly hotel I could find in black hawk so we had not many chances. The buffet was really good both for dinner and bruch and the bar at the casino offers drinks very cheap.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank ERE_86
Broomfield, Colorado
Reviewed January 2, 2011

We finally got a sun-tues free from our kiddos, My hubby and I havent gone out in a few years due to our special needs baby, andmy hubby wanted to surprise me for our 10 year anniversary, so we decided to stay at thhe istle of capri hotel what a mistake, first when we checked in the front desk clerk was VERY rude and we were stressed as it was leaving the kids and expecially our baby thinking that going away for 2 nights and meeting some friendly people would cheer us up and a relaxing 2 nights out boy were we wrong, then when we went to our room it was so dusty and dirty i got an asthma attack, then the shower was almost broken and the couch in the living room reaked of some funky smell,, the suppose to be great jaccuzzi tub was not working 1/2 the time and had a funny smell to it,,, then we tried to get another room which the hotel was not booked at all, the front desk was so rude to us not friendly at all, then we decided to go down to the floor and the people were just as rude there as well, and we never got our drinks we ordered then the buffet was horrible it smelled and the food was not good and we both got sick, we spent most of our time away from the iste as it was and when we returned at night as we were exausted the walls are paper thin could hear alarms going off phones ringing talking, showers and bathrooms flushing, and when we notified the staff it was like they didnt even care and we were really upset seeing the fact that we only had 2 nights out in 5 years and was hoping for a good time and had an horrable experiance so next time we are going to try the ameristar, oh b.t.w. when we called and reported this when wwe got home we got hung up on 3x and we wrote letters and still herd nothing back, i advised my sister,brother and family and friends not to stay at the istle and come to find out a few of our friends had the same problems,, i do hope they get this fixed asap as when we staayed there 7 years ago it was great then it went down hill so bad,,

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
6 Thank 5lovingangels
Littleton, CO
Reviewed August 10, 2010

We went to Blackhawk for a birthday weekend getaway. We stayed at the Ameristar (in the Spa Suite) the first night and I can't say enough good things about the staff and the room. We decided to stay another night. The Ameristar was fully booked so opted to stay at the Isle. First off our room was not ready at check in time.When the room was ready we walked into the ugliest decor ever. Everything in the room was dated. The shower had mold and soap scummy grout. Also the shower head was not properly installed and sprayed water on the ceiling that would bead up and drip nasty cold water on you while you showered. All 3 tv's were old school. The spa tub was nice but the jets didn't work right and the caulking was cracked and coming off. The king size bed was nice, but you could hear everything going on outside of the room. The Jr. Suite was $139/night and not worth it! Would much rather pay the full price at Ameristar and have a gigantic updated beautiful room.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Weasel77c
Ft Collins
Reviewed July 11, 2010

We stayed at the Isle of Capri Blackhawk in July 2010, for a weekend. We (my wife and I, in our late 40's) went with our three kids...18, 15 and 11 years old.

HOTEL...The Isle property is in "O.K." shape. Rooms were generally clean and well maintained, but slightly run down. It appears that a refreshening is just about due. Carpets, comforters, pillows and such were in serviceable shape, but not new. Mattresses were quite nice. T.V.'s are old-school CRT types. No WIFI service, no exercise facility, and no pool!!

CASINO...In general, the casino was an enjoyable experience. Table selection was pretty good (we're talking Colorado here, not Vegas!), with a fair amount of low-stakes ($5 or $10 Minimum) available. Extremely friendly dealers. Slot Machines...not my thing...were well represented, and well attended. Servers and staff were attentive and prompt. Never paid for a drink; everything was complimentary, whether I was at a table or not! Staff seemed genuinely appreciative of tips.

TOWN...Beware!!! Blackhawk, and almost all the casino's in town, is/are a One Trick Pony...this town is all about the gambling. There in (literally!) nothing else to do. You won't find restaurants or attractions; it's pretty much just about the gaming. THIS IS NOT A FAMILY FRIENDLY DESTINATION. There's really nothing for the kids to do. Central City (next town over; about 1 mile from Blackhawk) has a bit more in the way of non-gaming attractions (and is a bit more picturesque and quaint than Blackhawk), but even this town is mostly about the Casino's. So...be forewarned! Of course, if it's just you and your spouse/friend/buddy, this could be a great destination!

A noteable exception to this One-Trick-Pony review could be the new Ameristar Casino...this Vegas style luxory hotel may offer a bit more in the way of total entertainment, for your family!

Good Luck!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank KJKKJS
Colorado
Reviewed March 29, 2010

I had stayed here 3 years ago for my birthday and decided to come back when for another birthday trip. We arrived at 1pm and they not only let us check in, but they upgraded us to a suite. The staff is super friendly and everyone we met had a warm greeting and wished us luck.

The only downside is we didn't have time to enjoy the jetted tub in our room!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Eldora Lodge
Eldora Lodge
#3 of 18 in Golden
Ameristar Casino Resort Spa Black Hawk

Been to Isle Casino Hotel Black Hawk? Share your experiences!