“Fantastic”

Add it.
Fitzgeralds Casino
Ranked #10 of 16 things to do in Black Hawk
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Mentioned them already under the Fitzgerald Steakhouse. They gave us a free evening meal valued at $18 each just for being a customer in the casino. Brilliant!

Reviewed August 13, 2012

you have to explore this casino and its restaurants. because of historic preservation requirements, it's laid out in awkward ways, but there are plenty of options for places to gamble. the main area is often very crowded, but the rooms that are a little more hidden away are great. you just have to look for them.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

Little cafe in the front is very good. We got players club free meals the first night then ate there most of the time afterwords. Prices are reasonable and food is good. Steakhouse is supposed to be great but a little above our usual cost.

First time players got great treatment and slots were best we found in Black Hawk.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

I usually don’t go to Fitzgerald’s but I have spent some time and money there and made a few bucks in the process. First the negative things. One time I parked in the Valet. When I was ready to leave, he brought me my car and my check engine light wouldn’t go off. Before I left I did as most guys do and checked my gas cap and sure enough it had been tampered with as was loose. Another time I went to the cashier to cash a coupon for $5.00. The cashier started giving me a hard time saying she can’t cash it until I played 200 points. I told her that there is nothing written on the coupon saying that (since I had been cashing these same coupons for months each time before I started playing). So she pulls this huge loose-leaf folder with all kinds of written documentation in it to check while I’m standing there holding the line up. I told her to forget it and I left. I haven’t been back since. Also by the stairway where you go to scan your ticket to pick up your car from the Valet the carpet stinks. It smells like vomit. I’ve noticed that for over a two year’s period of time. The positive things are; they have some good Irish Corn Beef and Cabbage in the restaurant but you’ll wait longer than usual for the food. I play Video Poker and have won some large pay-offs there.

1  Thank Nefesh B
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Fitzgerald's in Black Hawk used to be the best for loose slots, not any more, ever since they started the summer giveaway set for August the slots have tighten up. We started going their in January of this year and always had a good time and would notice how they would show the giveaways on the large screen by the cage, usually around $400,000 to $500,000 a month. Stay away till after the August giveaway or you will be sorry if you are a slot player. Also the Harley Pit $1000 drawing on Sat. nights used to be just for the table players, now they opened it up for everyone. Very dissappointing, won't be going back unless things change. Wonder if they are heading for bankrupcy like back in 2007?

1  Thank nancyzim49