“Wonderful Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Black Hawk
Fountain, Colorado
“Wonderful Hotel”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

I really enjoyed my two night stay at the Ameristar in Black Hawk. I was given a room on the 31st floor with a beautiful view. The room was very nice and some of the amenities included a refrigerator, safe and large TV. Also, from the elevator, there are heavy double doors separating them from the rooms corridor that really cut down on the amount of noise.

The spa is extremely well done and the employees in both the spa and the hotel were exceptional. They provided great customer service.

I'll never stay anywhere else but the Ameristar!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Suzanne W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (480)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I loved this hotel, the room was awesome, the casino was fun, and the trip was great! The only suggestion I have is for the hotel to have bell service before 8am. We needed to leave early to go skiing and they informed us they didn't have any bell service before 8am. This meant we had to lug down our skis and luggage by ourselves very early in the morning. Other than that, it was perfect!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Parker, Colorado
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Every one was so friendly. Even the guests were friendly. The rooms were first class; clean an d very nicely decorated. We went on a Monday and the nice restaurants were not opened for dinner. That was a little disappointing. At breakfast we had slow serve and food was adequate. We had a great time playing video slots. Lots to choose from. Great place. Can't wait to visit again.

Room Tip: If you get a choice pick a city view. Mountain view is a big rock not far from your window.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Pompano Beach
Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

The rooms at this fairly new casino are nicer than many supposed "5 star" hotels, and would certainly command more money per night if it wasn't located in Blackhawk. Nevertheless, the rooms are a great bang for the buck, and quiet. The casino itself is nice enough, but the tables are very limited during the week. The restaurant downstairs had good food and friendly service, but pricey compared to everything else that's offered. A very pleasant one night stay overall and would stay here again no question.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Steve H
Aurora, Colorado
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Called and requested a room on a high floor with a good view of Blackhawk almost 3 weeks in advance. Arrived only to wait in a long line to check in (waited 1 hr) and was not granted my request. They have me a room on one of the lower floors and facing the mountain side (terrible view). I was not expecting this type of service in this type of hotel. Highly dissatisfied! I do not recommend.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank GerardRobletti
Megan A, Guest Relations Manager at Ameristar Casino Resort Spa Black Hawk, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
I'm sorry for your experience. While we do our best to accommodate all of our guests requests sometimes when the hotel is busy we may not be able to get every guests requested room type or location. We do not assign rooms until guests check in so we may have situations where a lot of guests have similar requests and we are just unable to meet all room choices.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I just read the review by Bette B and I can't agree more. I keep giving Ameristar a chance to keep me as a customer but I am truly done with the place for a long time. My last stay (last week) was alright in that the hotel desk staff was efficient and pleasant, the spa lovely as usual (though the massage prices are too high) but the casino experience was a bust again. I have not won there the last four times my husband and I have gone. Room was clean except there was piece of broken glass on one of the chairs that someone easily could have sat on had the sun not glinted off it and I saw it. The shower was dripping and leaving a puddle...how does housekeeping not notice this? Buffet food (except the dessert bar) has really gone down in quality. If a person wants to stay in BH then Ameristar is the best choice, but if you have been a regular for years you should definitely notice a decline in the overall experience.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
4 Thank ren8107
Megan A, Guest Relations Manager at Ameristar Casino Resort Spa Black Hawk, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We strive to be the best casino and hotel destination. What you describe certainly does not meet our standards. I have sent your concern to the hotel management team. Thank you for being our loyal guest.
Eckert, Colorado, Usa
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Have stayed in the past with 1st owners and had wonderful time, good choice of slots, rooms very nice, staff great. Returned and now under new ownership. Slots were very, very tight, everyone complaining. Took away all the good comps, raised prices of food. Comp play almost non-existent and I have an Elite card. Room was not cleaned on the 2nd night, dirty glasses and coffee pot and cups left on bedside table, blankets left on floor. Told front desk to send someone up to finish cleaning room, took forever and this was at 7:00 p.m. WHen I returned to check on room, they were washing out the coffee pot and cups in the bathroom sink which I thought was disgusting & told them I wanted new clean cups and glasses and Oh yes they left me 2 extra chocolates for the inconvenience!!

Room Tip: High floor with city view
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
#2 of 20 in Boulder
Eldora Lodge
Eldora Lodge
#3 of 18 in Golden

Been to Ameristar Casino Resort Spa Black Hawk? Share your experiences!