“Several visits now”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Black Hawk
Parker, Colorado
“Several visits now”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

My wife and I have stayed here a few times now and definitely plan on returning. The rooms are very nice (spa suite is excellent) and the staff has always been extremely pleasant. I've seen several people complain about poor service and rude management, but I have yet to see a single instance of this. My only complaint is the unusual hours on the restaurants at the hotels. With as much business Ameristar does it's hard to believe they can't remain open Mon-Tues. Keep in mind this is far from Las Vegas, but absolutely the best Black Hawk has to offer.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Deedrick
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Resort Spa Black Hawk, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thanks for visiting, Deedrick! I'm glad you enjoy staying with us and find our team members to be welcoming. Timberline Grill is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays. However, Centennial Buffet, Fireside Kitchen, Waypost Deli and Starbucks are open every day with various hours to ensure our guests always have a dining option available. Thank you for sharing your review and we hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (480)
Texas
Reviewed April 22, 2013

This was our furst time to Black Hawk and driving in we could tell that the hotel was clearly the newest in town. Once inside there was a very short wait to check in and concierge was very friendly and even had an employees' signed card waiting for us wishing us a happy anniversary. Nice touch! We stayed in the King Spa Suite (room 2514) and it was the perfect distance away from the elevator and had a beautiful view of the snow overhead mountain. Once inside we never heard a peep from outside of our room. The suite is spectacular and is so spacious. We loved the bathroom & hot tub. We ate at both the fireside grill & at the centennial buffet and both were delicious and nearly free might I add. Once you arrive I highly recommend you go to the cashier stand and sign up for a players card. Anytime you play a slot machine or table game use the card... The points add up quick and can be redeemed for cash or credit at the restaurants or store. The slot machines paid out a lot for us! Deal or No Deal & Vibrant 7's. On 4 different occasions we hit $200-$499!! We checked out of the hotel with more $$ than we came with. : ) Every single staff person we encountered was super friendly and helpful with the exception of one.. Very very rude roulette dealer. I believe her name was Prague... All in all we really enjoyed our stay and look forward to coming back again!

1 Thank codi24
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Resort Spa Black Hawk, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
I'm glad you had a great 10 year wedding anniversary trip and thanks for choosing to celebrate it with us! We appreciate your review and I apologize if you were not completely satisfied with the service from every single one of our team members; we do our very best to make every single guest feel at home as best as we can. Thanks for being our guest and we look forward to your return!
Broomfield, Colorado
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Showed up for our reserved room, which was not available, got a different room. As I was checking in the person rudely asked me to get back in line because a high roller pushed her way in front of me, and he commenced to let me know she was more important. I objected and he glared at me until I backed off. This behavior also happened at their buffet.

3 Thank ed m
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Resort Spa Black Hawk, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
I'm so sorry to hear this. We value each and every one of our guests whom we do our best to treat with care and compassion. I greatly apologize if you did not feel this way during your stay. We appreciate you sharing your review and I will pass it along to our team members. Please feel free to send your contact information and details of your experience to AtYourServiceBH@ameristar.com and we would be more than happy to follow up with you. Thank you for visiting and we do hope you give us another try.
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I was really looking forward surprising my boyfriend with a weekend of gambling and staying at Ameristar in Black Hawk for his Birthday. The hotel looks new, hip and beautiful. But i feel that any property is only as good as service provided by people who work there. All our interactions with personal was limited to the person who checked us in without even wishing happy birthday and sending us our way as soon as possible. The room was not bad, but definetely not worth $300 I paid for it. It even did not have a view. I tried to call to pay extra and upgrade but nothing better was available or could be done. When we went to have breakfast at their restaurant, it took 15 min to server to acknowledge our presence and another 45 to get food, though the food was very good. Overall, I don't think Ameristar is four star hotel it claims to be.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Resort Spa Black Hawk, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
I'm so sorry you were not completely satisfied during your stay with us. We do our best to make each guest feel welcomed when they visit, especially when celebrating a special occasion. I apologize if we fell short during your visit and if you had to wait longer than expected for your food service. We really value your feedback and appreciate you taking the time to post your review. Thanks for visiting and we do hope you come back to see us.
Parker, Co.
Reviewed April 9, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on a Friday/Saturday night over spring break. It seemed a little more crowded, but not terribly so.This was our third stay here. If you enjoy visiting Blackhawk and haven't stayed at the Ameristar yet, I recommend it! The hotel itself is beautifully done. The lobby and the rooms are modern, nicely decorated. Each room has a safe and mini-fridge. The front desk staff is very friendly. I know Blackhawk isn't Vegas, but staying here, it's almost like a small piece of Vegas. The only slightly negative thing I would say is that it is sometimes difficult to get cocktail service. It seems like they just don't have enough cocktail waitresses to cover such a big casino floor. One of the perks of gambling is the free cocktails that they offer. My husband and I had several occasions where we were having fun gambling, but couldn't seem to get a cocktail waitress. We went up to the bar to get drinks, but of course we then had to pay. Not a huge deal, but it was $10 for two drinks, when we already spending hundreds. Overall, this is the best spot in Blackhawk. We love staying here, and always have a fantastic time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for your recommendation! It's so great to hear that you love staying with us and enjoy your visits. We appreciate your feedback and apologize if you had to wait longer than expected for drink service. Thanks for being our guest and we hope to see you again soon!
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We have been coming here for years and have only been mildly disappointed a couple times. Every employee we've encountered has been friendly, polite, professional, helpful. I've had a few good hand pays on penny slots but my luck hasn't been so great the past few visits! We love the atmosphere so much it's hard for us to go to other casinos so we just quit gambling.
I've been to the spa three times, love it! I feel the massage prices are too high though, $85 would be more acceptable.
The workout facility is very nicely equipped and we love the roof top outside area, especially in the summer!
Our last four visits, all in 2012, I've noticed the rooms are not as clean as they should be according to my standards; particularly with dust. Our room two weeks ago 2616 was VERY dusty on the back of the beds, the stacked wood nightstand lamp, the door panels. Also, we couldn't get a king room and so both queen beds were awfully squeaky. The mattresses were the most uncomfortable we've slept on and there was something suspicious (gross) on the bed skirt of one bed. The sheets used to be very soft but the ones we had were so pilled they bordered on uncomfortable. We were very disappointed in that room.
It would be nice to see a menu change in the Waypost, for repeat visitors, it's getting a little tired. The buffet is good and we love the Timberline. Cocktail service can be very slow when it's busy on the casino floor. Bar 8042 is topnotch in comfort, TVs, and we enjoy the music most the time.
I personally have received many comps for rooms and food. Yes, I know I'm paying for them when I lose but it evens out, because I've won there a lot. Ameristar is our favorite venue in Blackhawk.

Room Tip: Once I stayed on the 11th floor, city side. It was a noisy room in that the employee door is beneat...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ren8107
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Have stayed at several of the hotel/casinos in BH and this is the best. The price is comparative to many others but you will get much more for the money (e.g., ensuite bathroom, high-end linens, fridge), not to mention a guests-only pool, two hot tubs and a beautiful view. If you want fresh air, you'll need to go to the roof because the windows don't open, the thermostats seem to be only decorative as the ambient room temperature always seems to hover around 68-70 regardless of setting and season, and some rooms need better cleaning detail (have found dust on the back of lamp shades). However, this is one of the classiest places in the state and is on par with much more expensive hotels in big cities. Be sure to sign up for a player's card to get the best deals!

Room Tip: As with all towers, higher floors have better views (west side/city is best), and higher numbered ro...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Resort Spa Black Hawk, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
It's so great to hear that you think we're the best! Thanks so much for sharing your review and for being our guest. We truly value your feedback and hope you can visit again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Black Hawk
St Julien Hotel and Spa
St Julien Hotel and Spa
#2 of 20 in Boulder
Comfort Suites Golden West on Evergreen Parkway

Been to Ameristar Casino Resort Spa Black Hawk? Share your experiences!