“Excellent Hotel”

Ameristar Casino Resort Spa Black Hawk
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Black Hawk
Reviewed June 9, 2011

We just stayed here and were extremely impressed with our room. It was great. Luxurious and clean. We had a room with a great view of Blackhawk and the Rockies. We got a great rate because it was midweek. If you are looking for a little luxury not far from Denver, this is the place. Lobby is very nice as well. The pool is great on the top floor. If you want to swim without kids in the pool, go after 9 p.m. as it is adults only till 11 p.m.. I have to say this was one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in. The room was huge and the bathroom was absolutly beautiful. There is a spa also available.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nance12
There are newer reviews for Ameristar Casino Resort Spa Black Hawk

Reviewed June 9, 2011

This was our first trip to Blackhawk. I was pleasantly surprised with the Ameristar Hotel and Casino. The service was excellent, including casino staff, hotel, etc. The suites were beautiful! The ONLY downfall was the children. There were kids running through hotel, casino and in the pool area. I am not sure why people bring small children to a place like this, including there are signs everywhere stating you have to be 18 to enter and this includes the pool area. Unfortnantely these rules are not enforced by the hotel. All and all, it was a great vacation for us.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tonisha R
Reviewed May 31, 2011

We've stayed at the hotel about 6 times since it has opened. I should mention that we have also never paid for a room as we are regular visitors to the casino. But, even so, I think the hotel is wonderful and the staff is very friendly/accommodating. I'm frankly shocked at the negative reviews, but who knows.

As the hotel is very new, the rooms are well appointed and the entire place is immaculate. We have always been greeted with the utmost professionalism and courtesy. The food at the Timberline is very good (not great) and we love eating at the bar and talking to the very friendly wait staff.

This is also out favorite casino in BH. Good cocktail service, great selection of machines, with something new being added frequently. The comp program is a good one and being able to access your comps from the kiosks make the experience even easier.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank karlgco
Reviewed May 31, 2011

Super hotel. Very pleasantly surprised. Outstanding service and room, well worth staying here, I'll be a regular.

Being someone who stays at top Vegas hotels for gambling, I was a bit apprehensive about the idea of traveling to some little colorado town like blackhawk to stay for playing poker, because I like to travel first class. I was completely impressed with Ameristar at Black Hawk, seemed like a nice high-quality Vegas style hotel incongruously located in the middle of Black Hawk in the mountains (the only better hotel I've found in Colorado is the Broadmoor).

The service was exceptional, and the casino, indoor heated pool on the roof and jacuzzis and fitness center were all great, as is the poker room and gaming facilitites. The food at their cafe is outstanding (I recommend the Rueben for lunch), as are the servers. I spoke briefly with the manager and he was very nice. Highly recommended hotel. Large oversize bathrooms, tons of space in the rooms, very QUIET in the rooms which is critical (I can't stand thin walls w/noise), and I felt well taken care of. Bravo, guys.

I just wish there was an Ameristar w/casino closer to colorado springs and/or denver (it's a long drive from colorado springs, but worth it, I'll be going once every couple of months there this year, to play poker). Ameristar rocks. It's well worth the $ - great property.

Room Tip: ask for a high-floor room near elevators
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank firstclass4me
Reviewed May 29, 2011

We stayed at the Ameristar for Sat night Memorial day weekend and the rooms were fantastic! We had stayed before and they've not been worn down as I had feared. 5 piece bath, king bed, view to Central City/Blackhawk. The view is much better on that side than on the other, but the rooms were all good. The hotel is elegant, and separated from the casino, so it is very quiet. The hot tub had very strong jets on it, making for a nice break from the craps table. I would/will stay there again in a heartbeat. Check in was at 4, but we were able to get a room at 2:30 with no waiting. I did see a bit of a line around 4.

Reviewed May 25, 2011

Everything in the hotel is top-notch. We only stayed the one night but everything was great. Comfortable beds, quiet and a great sized bathroom. Recommend the Hotel highly.

The casino is another story..nice looking casino as it has that going for it....Ive been to the Ameristar Casino probably a dozen times now and have yet to ever break even. They get me there with the offers on dining and hotel stays but I just don't win...not even once. You would think after a dozen times there, between my wife and I we would have at least one good return.
If you are going here strictly for the gambling, I do better elsewhere in Blackhawk but I will say the Hotel is extremely nice.

Room Tip: Bring lots of cash if you are gambling.
Reviewed May 25, 2011

Had reservation for May 23 & 24. Arrived about 1pm and went over ALL aspects of our reservation with Gal #1 who then told us King rooms were not ready and we should check back in 45 minutes. Returned about 2:15pm, waited in line for Guy #2 who went over ALL aspects of our reservation and told us the King room we wanted was not ready and we should come back after 4pm, which he reminded us, was the actual check in time anyway and anything earlier then that was them just trying to accomodate us. We did mention at this point that it was irritating seeing tons of other people checking in with no problem. Came back about 4:15 pm, after the official check in time, waited in a really long line, wound up with the original Gal #1 who now told us the only King that would be available was in a location we did not want AND it still had to be cleaned. We were in total disbelief. We reiterated that we were waiting since 1pm for a room on a high floor and Gal #1 said we should have explained we wanted a specific location to the person who we first spoke to at 1pm. We said it was YOU we first spoke to and you went over ALL of our request on our reservation at that time. She just stared at us blankly. I asked to speak to a manager, and for the ultimate kick in the pants the final offer was a room that still did not meet our request and WE WOULD STILL HAVE TO WAIT FOR IT TO BE CLEANED!!! Looking around the lobby at people sitting dejectedly alongside their luggage, we felt MANY rooms still had to be cleaned and we might be waiting until 10pm. We said we would rather just cancel than wait around any longer and it was most likely a relief for the clerks to not have one more room to clean at that point. Down side was we had traveled 75 miles to stay the 2 nights and were looking forward to the pool. Had to drive back home through hail and rain storm. We had a deal for the 2 nights on the room and we were convinced that the idea was to delay our room check in so that we had to wait around and would most likley gamble rather than twiddle our thumbs. Wish we had asked the other people waiting with their luggage in the lobby lounges if they had deals too. Total frustration!!!!

Room Tip: Expect 10pm check in if you get a room deal
4  Thank think777
christi_volk, Manager at Ameristar Casino Resort Spa Black Hawk, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2011

Thank you for your feedback. I would love to hear more about your experience. Please feel free to contact me at 720.946.4307 or christi.volk@ameristar.com - Christi Volk, Hotel Operations Manager at Ameristar Casino Resort Spa Black Hawk.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Black Hawk
#2 of 23 in Boulder
Eldora Lodge
Eldora Lodge
#3 of 18 in Golden

Been to Ameristar Casino Resort Spa Black Hawk? Share your experiences!