“TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE TIMES 3”

Ameristar Casino Resort Spa Black Hawk
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Black Hawk
Reviewed May 25, 2011

Had reservation for May 23 & 24. Arrived about 1pm and went over ALL aspects of our reservation with Gal #1 who then told us King rooms were not ready and we should check back in 45 minutes. Returned about 2:15pm, waited in line for Guy #2 who went over ALL aspects of our reservation and told us the King room we wanted was not ready and we should come back after 4pm, which he reminded us, was the actual check in time anyway and anything earlier then that was them just trying to accomodate us. We did mention at this point that it was irritating seeing tons of other people checking in with no problem. Came back about 4:15 pm, after the official check in time, waited in a really long line, wound up with the original Gal #1 who now told us the only King that would be available was in a location we did not want AND it still had to be cleaned. We were in total disbelief. We reiterated that we were waiting since 1pm for a room on a high floor and Gal #1 said we should have explained we wanted a specific location to the person who we first spoke to at 1pm. We said it was YOU we first spoke to and you went over ALL of our request on our reservation at that time. She just stared at us blankly. I asked to speak to a manager, and for the ultimate kick in the pants the final offer was a room that still did not meet our request and WE WOULD STILL HAVE TO WAIT FOR IT TO BE CLEANED!!! Looking around the lobby at people sitting dejectedly alongside their luggage, we felt MANY rooms still had to be cleaned and we might be waiting until 10pm. We said we would rather just cancel than wait around any longer and it was most likely a relief for the clerks to not have one more room to clean at that point. Down side was we had traveled 75 miles to stay the 2 nights and were looking forward to the pool. Had to drive back home through hail and rain storm. We had a deal for the 2 nights on the room and we were convinced that the idea was to delay our room check in so that we had to wait around and would most likley gamble rather than twiddle our thumbs. Wish we had asked the other people waiting with their luggage in the lobby lounges if they had deals too. Total frustration!!!!

Room Tip: Expect 10pm check in if you get a room deal
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank think777
christi_volk, Manager at Ameristar Casino Resort Spa Black Hawk, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2011

Thank you for your feedback. I would love to hear more about your experience. Please feel free to contact me at 720.946.4307 or christi.volk@ameristar.com - Christi Volk, Hotel Operations Manager at Ameristar Casino Resort Spa Black Hawk.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,449)

Reviewed May 24, 2011

I am Actually a very frequent Customer to Blackhawk and actually untill recently i have always spend my money at Ameristar i would say i spend several thousand every couple months very clean very nice looking but they are blind children when it comes to customer service and really runing a business its sad to see such a nice place with fun activites be pulled down with a few simple minded under qualiflied managers but thats how a business dies

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Denverob
bpote, General Manager at Ameristar Casino Resort Spa Black Hawk, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2011

Thank you for the feedback. I would love to hear more details about your experience. Please call me at 720-946-4065. – Bob Pote, Director of Hotel Operations at Ameristar Casino Resort Spa Black Hawk.

Reviewed May 23, 2011

This hotel was worth every penny spent. My fiance and I spent a Saturday night in the Spa Suite for our anniversary. This room was amazing. It was spacious, clean and decorated well. I felt like I had escaped to another world. The ambiance can not be beat. Although the room is a little pricey, it is worth every penny. The jetted tub located in the bedroom area was so big and can easily fit 2 people. The bathroom was beautiful and the shower had numerous shower heads. The bed was very comfortable and the fireplace added that little something extra. Room service was fast and delicious and not terribly priced. I am looking forward to another stay at this wonderful hotel!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 11, 2011

Check in at the hotel was painless. Our rooms were beautiful. The beds were comfortable and there were a number of different sized pillows that made sleeping easy. The tiled bathroom was stylish and and i was provided nice shampoo, conditioner and lotion. I tipped housekeeping from the beginning and received outstanding service. For the price I paid, i received what i would normally pay three times for. Really nice.

The indoor pool was empty when I went there and was worth the trek to the top of the hotel. The nearby hot tub was overlooking the most beautiful forest scenery. The fitness room was sufficient though heavier dumbells would have been nice. The elevation is 8000 feet plus. If you are from a lower elevation, expect to be short winded.

The casino had a great selection of games. The dealers at he blackjack and craps were friendly and made you want to stay. The minimums were kinda high but expected with the quality of what was presented to you. The security was very professional and dealt with situations with proper discretion.

I won on the slots. I won a little on the blackjack and craps table. The best asset to the hotel was the nearby/next door casinos that made the entire experience something to write home about.

The only negative comment wounld be that Starbucks did not open early enough.

i hope to return soon.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 11, 2011

This is my second trip to Black Hawk. Nice little town that makes you feel like you travelled back in time to the Old West. I walked through all of the hotel/casinos there, Ameristar is the best! Comfortable rooms, a well-equipped gym that is free for guests, a pool and spa on the top floor, and beautiful views. Would like to go back and try the spa next time. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
celeste_burks, Public Relations Manager at Ameristar Casino Resort Spa Black Hawk, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2011

Thank you for being our Guest. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. I have passed along your wonderful comments to our management team. – Celeste Burks, Regional Public Relations Manager

Reviewed May 10, 2011

Beautiful Hotel & Room, Access to Hotel from the parking garage is very hard. Must come in from elevator in one section of the building, down to the main Casino floor, then cross over to the lobby (3-400feet) then go up to your floor. Doesn't sound bad except when you have luggage, and disabled persons who can't walk for long periods of time. made going back & forth several times a challenge.
Customer Service lacking in several area's. 1St: Casino chairs uncomfortable, and "sink" when you sit in them. When I tried to exchange the stool with the empty one next to me, i was chastised by security to leave them alone. the "settings" were stripped in 6 out of the 10 chairs I tried.
Fireside restaurant for breakfast... took 12minutes to be acknowledged by our waiter once seated. Then another 8minutes for the coffee... at least 30 emplty tables, with dishes on them. When food came, (my order of eggs, crisp bacon & hashbrowns)... bacon was burnt, hashbrowns rubbery, and couldn't even cut them with a knife.. Manager asked how food was, and politely I told them I was disappointed... nothing was said. My full plate minus the eggs was left.. Gambeling isn't good at the hotel. We left after other guest told us to go to the Isle of Capri.. We had staff that enjoyed serving us, wishing luck and the enthusiasum with the employees made it worth going to another venue. Problem was, it meant for 4days we had to endure the parking garage and proximity to the rooms.
Like I said, beautiful big rooms, quiet, it would be very charming and nice getaway

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank Pabrams

Thank you for the feedback. We appreciate when our Guests give feedback on our facility and our service. I passed your comments along to our Director of Food & Beverage, Keith. He would like to hear more about your experience. Would you mind giving him a call at 720-946-4275? – Celeste Burks, Regional Public Relations Manager

Reviewed May 7, 2011

My wife and I returned to our room at 11 pm and found a stranger sitting on our bed. Turns out that a hotel security guard let her in our room! DO NOT STAY HERE if you value safety.

• Stayed: May 2011
4  Thank Jrouse1977
AndrewHamblen, General Manager at Ameristar Casino Resort Spa Black Hawk, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2011

I personally apologize that this happened during your recent visit. We take seriously and value your comments, and, as a result of your recent experience, we are readdressing and enhancing our Team Member training. I want you to know that we are committed to the safety and security of our guests and hope you will give us an opportunity to try again in the future.

Andrew Hamblen

Winter Park Mountain Lodge
Winter Park Mountain Lodge
#3 of 14 in Winter Park
The Vintage Resort Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Ameristar Casino Resort Spa Black Hawk? Share your experiences!