“Very Nice Hotel With Simply horrendous Customer service”

Ameristar Casino Resort Spa Black Hawk
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Black Hawk
Reviewed May 24, 2011

I am Actually a very frequent Customer to Blackhawk and actually untill recently i have always spend my money at Ameristar i would say i spend several thousand every couple months very clean very nice looking but they are blind children when it comes to customer service and really runing a business its sad to see such a nice place with fun activites be pulled down with a few simple minded under qualiflied managers but thats how a business dies

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Denverob
bpote, General Manager at Ameristar Casino Resort Spa Black Hawk, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2011

Thank you for the feedback. I would love to hear more details about your experience. Please call me at 720-946-4065. – Bob Pote, Director of Hotel Operations at Ameristar Casino Resort Spa Black Hawk.

There are newer reviews for Ameristar Casino Resort Spa Black Hawk

Reviewed May 23, 2011

This hotel was worth every penny spent. My fiance and I spent a Saturday night in the Spa Suite for our anniversary. This room was amazing. It was spacious, clean and decorated well. I felt like I had escaped to another world. The ambiance can not be beat. Although the room is a little pricey, it is worth every penny. The jetted tub located in the bedroom area was so big and can easily fit 2 people. The bathroom was beautiful and the shower had numerous shower heads. The bed was very comfortable and the fireplace added that little something extra. Room service was fast and delicious and not terribly priced. I am looking forward to another stay at this wonderful hotel!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 11, 2011

Check in at the hotel was painless. Our rooms were beautiful. The beds were comfortable and there were a number of different sized pillows that made sleeping easy. The tiled bathroom was stylish and and i was provided nice shampoo, conditioner and lotion. I tipped housekeeping from the beginning and received outstanding service. For the price I paid, i received what i would normally pay three times for. Really nice.

The indoor pool was empty when I went there and was worth the trek to the top of the hotel. The nearby hot tub was overlooking the most beautiful forest scenery. The fitness room was sufficient though heavier dumbells would have been nice. The elevation is 8000 feet plus. If you are from a lower elevation, expect to be short winded.

The casino had a great selection of games. The dealers at he blackjack and craps were friendly and made you want to stay. The minimums were kinda high but expected with the quality of what was presented to you. The security was very professional and dealt with situations with proper discretion.

I won on the slots. I won a little on the blackjack and craps table. The best asset to the hotel was the nearby/next door casinos that made the entire experience something to write home about.

The only negative comment wounld be that Starbucks did not open early enough.

i hope to return soon.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 11, 2011

This is my second trip to Black Hawk. Nice little town that makes you feel like you travelled back in time to the Old West. I walked through all of the hotel/casinos there, Ameristar is the best! Comfortable rooms, a well-equipped gym that is free for guests, a pool and spa on the top floor, and beautiful views. Would like to go back and try the spa next time. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
celeste_burks, Public Relations Manager at Ameristar Casino Resort Spa Black Hawk, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2011

Thank you for being our Guest. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. I have passed along your wonderful comments to our management team. – Celeste Burks, Regional Public Relations Manager

Reviewed May 10, 2011

Beautiful Hotel & Room, Access to Hotel from the parking garage is very hard. Must come in from elevator in one section of the building, down to the main Casino floor, then cross over to the lobby (3-400feet) then go up to your floor. Doesn't sound bad except when you have luggage, and disabled persons who can't walk for long periods of time. made going back & forth several times a challenge.
Customer Service lacking in several area's. 1St: Casino chairs uncomfortable, and "sink" when you sit in them. When I tried to exchange the stool with the empty one next to me, i was chastised by security to leave them alone. the "settings" were stripped in 6 out of the 10 chairs I tried.
Fireside restaurant for breakfast... took 12minutes to be acknowledged by our waiter once seated. Then another 8minutes for the coffee... at least 30 emplty tables, with dishes on them. When food came, (my order of eggs, crisp bacon & hashbrowns)... bacon was burnt, hashbrowns rubbery, and couldn't even cut them with a knife.. Manager asked how food was, and politely I told them I was disappointed... nothing was said. My full plate minus the eggs was left.. Gambeling isn't good at the hotel. We left after other guest told us to go to the Isle of Capri.. We had staff that enjoyed serving us, wishing luck and the enthusiasum with the employees made it worth going to another venue. Problem was, it meant for 4days we had to endure the parking garage and proximity to the rooms.
Like I said, beautiful big rooms, quiet, it would be very charming and nice getaway

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank Pabrams

Thank you for the feedback. We appreciate when our Guests give feedback on our facility and our service. I passed your comments along to our Director of Food & Beverage, Keith. He would like to hear more about your experience. Would you mind giving him a call at 720-946-4275? – Celeste Burks, Regional Public Relations Manager

Reviewed May 7, 2011

My wife and I returned to our room at 11 pm and found a stranger sitting on our bed. Turns out that a hotel security guard let her in our room! DO NOT STAY HERE if you value safety.

• Stayed: May 2011
4  Thank Jrouse1977
AndrewHamblen, General Manager at Ameristar Casino Resort Spa Black Hawk, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2011

I personally apologize that this happened during your recent visit. We take seriously and value your comments, and, as a result of your recent experience, we are readdressing and enhancing our Team Member training. I want you to know that we are committed to the safety and security of our guests and hope you will give us an opportunity to try again in the future.

Andrew Hamblen
Sr Vice President / General Manager
Ameristar Casino Resort Spa Black Hawk

Reviewed March 12, 2011

This place had the worst customer service I have ever seen, from the clue-less check in staff members to the customer service rep. For a more "upscale" Vegas type hotel/casino in Colorado, I think such a place would like to have thier guests happy. When we arrived, we we asked for a credit card, for the $50 deposit on the room, we were told they didn't accept the Visa card I had,which was the same card used to make the reservation, wasn't a problem then, so we played along, gave them another VIsa card, then Master Card, Then an American Express only to br told the same thing, thier machine wouldn't work with these cards ( which all had VERY high limits and very low, if any balances). The other 4 employees at the front desk, with no one to help, heard what was going on and just thought it was easier to keep talking to one another than come over and see what the problem was, I beleive the person helping us must of been new or didn't care because she also didn't go to find someone to help us with this "problem". So I then asked could we pay cash, we were told that would be fine, but we had to play the full amount for the room to be able to stay. We came to the Ameristar to plan and have our wedding, that is never going to happen at this palce, just happy it happened when it did, and not when our family came to the wedding and get treated this poorly. And thinking about it, I filed a complaint with the corp. office when we got back 2 weeks ago and have yet to hear anything back, I guess upper management must not care about thier customers either.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
#2 of 23 in Boulder
Eldora Lodge
Eldora Lodge
#3 of 18 in Golden

Been to Ameristar Casino Resort Spa Black Hawk? Share your experiences!