“What a wonderful little place”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Black Hawk
After Supper Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 4 Black Hawk B&B and Inns
A TripAdvisor Member
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
Reviewed January 23, 2006

We actually booked a room here because the hotel rooms were full, very glad we did!

The After Supper is very close to the casinos, easy walking if you are not handicapped (as you have to do some stairs down the mountain as it is up on a hill).

The woman I spoke to was wonderful and when we arrived we were greeted by a very friendly cat who didn't want to leave our side or our room!

The proprietors left a very sweet heart of chocolate candies on the bed for us which was very thoughtful as well as a bowl filled with hershies and the like. The room was very nice and very clean. The bed was very comfy with a real down comforter just like home! The room also had it's own thermostat to adjust the heat.

The rooms are around back where you walk up some steps and go through the breakfast nook and then have two rooms off the breakfast nook, so it is completely set apart from the main home. It is much like a motel in the way that you have your own key for your room and numbers on the room doors. Also, we saw that there is a jacuzzi in the works right there off the rooms.

The bathroom, which is in the room, featured a shower and was decorated very nicely with "real" towels (not hotel type)

When we got back from the casinos (at 2:30am!!!) they had the breakfast waiting,with muffins, pastries, Biscottie, apples, OJ, and even my fav. Dr. Pepper in the fridge.

The only fault I found was that there was no TV in the room, I have never stayed at a B&B before this one and maybe that is standard, most wouldn't see that as a fault LOL, I just love my tv when I get home at night and news in the morning!

All in all, this is a WONDERFUL B&B with a seperate entrance from the main home so you don't have to worry about disturbing the proprieters. Much care and thoughtfullness went into the making of the the After Supper and though I never actually met them, the proprieters are truly wonderful and thoughtful people :) That's my 2 cents for what it is worth

• Stayed: January 2006