“A small piece of Heaven on Earth !!!!!!!!!!”
Review of Glen Echo Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bellvue
Glen Echo Resort
Reviewed May 23, 2012

I have stayed at every resort in the poudre canyon and by far the BEST is Glen Echo Resort. I have been Camping and fishing in the Poudre Canyon for 37 years with my Family and Friends. I can honestly say that by far the Glen Echo Resort is the like amy home away from home. The newer management, 10 plus years , is incredible. Every single visit has been wonderful. The staff goes over the top to make sure your visit is great. Keep up the good work and I will be back many times this season and for years to come.

Sean S. Michaels

Room Tip: The modern duplex facilities are great. The North/Soulth or East/West. There is nothing bad I could...
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Sean M
There are newer reviews for Glen Echo Resort

Reviewed April 17, 2012

I am really taken aback by some of these other reviews. I just recently stayed in one of the modern cabins, which was huge, had a wonderful fireplace, fully functioning kitchen, and was kept in pretty immaculate condition for a log cabin. It was by far the best log cabin for the price that i have ever had the pleasure of lodging in (and I have stayed in quite a few). The restaurant offered a small, but sufficient menu, but during the 6 days and nights I stayed at Glen Echo I did not receive one meal that I was not fully satisfied with. Sammy, the server, was friendly and attentive to our dining needs. The bar at Glen Echo is gorgeos and filled with very nice antiques and other appropriate decor, which I believe was all for sale. The atmosphere was very fun and lively, even though it was the off season and therefore not very crowded (there were probably 8 or 9 people at most in the bar at any one time. The owner, Gail, and the bartender, Jen, had us lengthen our stay in the bar from the time it would take to down one drink to a several hour visit!!! They made us feel at home and like one of the gang right away! The 60's music also added to the party atmosphere of the bar. I believe that my partner and I were the only newcomers in the bar that night, but all of the patrons invited us to join in on the revelry with them as well, dancing and singing along with the music. After drinks each night, the comfy bed and warm, cozy cabin were a delight to sink into for the night. The river was a wonderful place to spend our days, and I would be hard-pressed to find a resort that could hold a match to Glen Echo for the price. I would definitely recommend this campground to friends and look forward to returning for Labor Day to have some fun listening to the live band that will be there and sitting back to catch up with some newly acquired friends!!!!!!

Room Tip: talk to the person taking your reservation- they do not try to upsell you, but instead to find the b...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Devin H
Reviewed March 29, 2012

My husband and I took a road trip from Texas up to the Rocky Mountains to see what all the fuss is about, I knew we were in for some beautiful scenery. We traveled through the Poudre Canyon and decided to stay at Glen Echo Resort, the staff was very welcoming and the residents who lived there were quiet and kind. They set us up in a nice, cozy duplex that was absolutely perfect; it was prepared with dishes and silverware, full sized frige and stove with an oven. It has a sweet flat screen that we hooked up our xbox360 to, we started up a fire in the fireplace almost every night while we watched netflix and made pizzas. One morning we had the BEST breakfast burrito I have ever eaten, the green chili is too good! We were both very pleased with their service, the owners are good, hardworking people that made sure we were well taken care of. After our perfect Spring Break get-away, we are planning our next stay already.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Angie G
Reviewed July 15, 2011

Glen Echo has not been as welcoming or thoughtful of its guests. The checkout clerks seemed irritated to ring up our purchases. Garbage was seen on the property (a real hazard in bear country, as this is). Finally, one day our party of five was turned away from the restaurant before even entering when a lady who seemed to be the owner said to us, "No, no we only have food for three!" She didn't even know our orders! Nor did she apologize for their lack of food. She was oblivous to the fact that we were trying to give her business. It was weird. So we took our business over to Red Feather instead (about a 20 minute drive from that part of the Poudre Canyon). It was worth it. We have gone to Glen Echo for over 30 years and weathered the changes in ownership and rebuilding efforts when it burned down. Glen Echo has always had our business. Now, however, we think twice about patronizing it.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank DellaDidDisney
Reviewed July 10, 2011

Short and sweet: It's a trailer park that has cabins for rent. By 9:30 one drunk after another left the bar and walked by our campfire. Turns out all of them lived in the park. By 10:30 we had two of the "local" drunk women screaming at each other about heaven knows what, followed closely by another resident male breaking up what was seconds from becoming a physical fight between the two. This was taking place literally 15 feet from our campfire. 10 minutes later a larger "local" group left the bar and headed our direction. This produced a fight between two males where one was clearly knocked out by the other. The others in the group just stood around waiting for the downed gentleman to wake up... like they'd all seen it before. I could go on... and on. We ended up going back into our cabin, closing the windows, locking the doors, paid our $170.00 and went home the next morning. Twilight zone ... truly twilight zone.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
9  Thank WMT_2001
Reviewed August 8, 2010

We spent 2 nights on the island tent camping. Staff was very friendly, views were great, location was totaly awesome however.....the fire pit was not cleaned out for some time. We had to clean it before we could start a fire. Tent sites are pretty small. 5 out of 7 sites are too small for a large tent. Bathrooms were a little dirty as well.
Would I stay again??? you bet ya. Its a great place to camp but the store is pricey.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 19, 2010

My family stopped at the restaurant and loved it. The food was great, the atmosphere was fun, the facility was clean, the staff was very friendly. I would recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bellvue
Stoney River Lodge
Stoney River Lodge
#1 of 1 in Drake
Shambhala Mountain Center
Shambhala Mountain Center
#2 of 3 in Red Feather Lakes
Sundance Trail Guest & Dude Ranch
Sundance Trail Guest & Dude Ranc...
#1 of 3 in Red Feather Lakes

Been to Glen Echo Resort? Share your experiences!