“Convenient river access-- but stay elsewhere!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bellvue
Archer's Poudre River Resort
Denver, Colorado
“Convenient river access-- but stay elsewhere!!”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Weekend camping trip with the family...we tent camp so are used to 'roughing it'. However, ONE toilet in the same stall as ONE shower for all tent campers? I can do without showering for the weekend, but to stand in line for the one and only bathroom, especially when traveling with kids is just sad. We asked the clerk where to wash dishes and dump the dirty water and she said to dump our dish water in a bush, but figured that may attract bears then suggested I use the bathroom sink, but the food might clog it and finally told me to just dump it in the river after telling me she doesn't do dishes when she camps. And you work at a campground? To top it off, folks in the cabins get to park right outside their cozy cabin but tent campers have to park 400 yards away and hike back and forth all day long fetching and storing things--- when your car doubles as a bear locker this makes absolutely no sense- especially when all the cabin going campers are parked in between.
Not much thought went into this place. There are plenty of beautiful sites operated by the national park service along this highway--- cheaper, have multiple bathrooms, convenient at-site parking. Reserve there!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank CLNJL

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Wellinton
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stayed in cabin #8, Quiet, cozy & quaint. Had everything we needed in the kitchen for some serious cooking. WiFi worked along with satellite TV if you're looking for that kind of distraction.The fire pit areas around the cabins & by the river are awesome.The cabin needs a little updating but nothing extreme.The location is beautiful to take a stroll along the river or exploritory drives & hikes in the canyon. The service & the staff were friendly & very helpful. We have been coming up to this location for 15+ years - they have done an amazing transformation of the facility. We'll continue to come off season after things have quieted down.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pamela V
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Over the 40+ years my family has vacationed in the Poudre Canyon, we've occasionally stayed in the cabins that are now part of Archer's Poudre River Resort. On the latest trip, my aunt and uncle stayed in one cabin. I do not remember the cabin number, but it had a loft, if that helps. They are quite particular about their accommodations and hadn't been in the mountains for nearly ten years. They were very pleased with the amenities in the cabin. The cabin was quiet and comfortable. They were also there during a heat wave and were very comfortable during that time. We highly recommend Archer's to anyone.

We did experience one clerk two years ago who was very unfriendly. From latest reports he is not longer working there. Every other time we have been treated kindly.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I am a wedding photographer, and this is where my couple chose to have their wedding.. The scenery was priceless!

That being said, I was in cabin 8, and my guess would be noone has used it for ALONG time.. The minute i opened the door it smelled stale, when i went to get into bed again, sheets and pillows stale. The towels for shower same story.. I had no cable or hot water the entire weekend, but other guests did (the wedding party reserved the entire site) my cabin, was out dated.
So over all, I would say they need to do some updating, and repairing.. Connie and another man were very helpful and nice, but when I asked about the water and my cable, one of the staff was extremly rude to me and even made a personal dig. As a business owner myself, this was not ok!

Room Tip: The bigger the cabin, the better :)
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank TeamCooper8
Monument, Colorado
Reviewed July 20, 2011

I came to look at the resort as a possible place to hold a large family reunion. The office staff was rude both when I made the reservation and also when I asked questions about renting the whole place the day I was there. When I came in the office she was yelling at someone on the phone for dialing the wrong number. Every question I asked was met with a role of they eyes as if I was a big inconvenience. The property is not as nice as it seems on the web site. Right on the road and trailers stand in for cabins. The one I was in was small and not very nice for $90 a night. They advertise that you can use the community center on the web site but don't tell you that it is $250 an hour to do so. The whole place is much more expensive than it should be for what you get. It was fairly quiet and the tent area by the river is nice. However, not enough good to offset the bad. Needless to say I won't be booking this for my family

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
7 Thank jbmountian
Genting Highlands, Malaysia
Reviewed September 10, 2010

I didn't even get to stay here.
I tried to but when I had to cancel due to a family surgery, they told me I had to pay 10%. Ouch... Please note, I wasn't told that when I made the reservation... but ok...

I canceled 24 hours after making the reservation - and it is their policy. So fine - 10%...

Then I was offered to use my deposit for next year -
so I though cool - I really did want to go. I can get that 10% back.
Then the credit card bill came...
I was charged a whole night stay.
Ok mistakes happen so I emailed and they did call me back. I do believe this was the owner. It is a very small place.

On the phone, I was told that I had requested to use that deposit next year. so again I said - I thought I would only be charged 10% for next year.

The woman gave me attitude like I was dumb as a rock. I agreed several times that it was my misunderstanding and I tried to suggest she be more clear with customers and she flipped out -
She said no one had ever misunderstood before... me.

I love being treated like I am stupid. I don't know about you... but that definitely makes me want to go spend my money...
ah...customer service...

I am sure I will be seeing that deposit back on my card - less the 10% and pretty sure I will be black listed... but hope to save you some time and effort.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
7 Thank binagarry
Arvada, Colorado
Reviewed August 31, 2010

We stayed in Cabin 5 with a very nice deck. The cabin however was very outdated. Fully furnished kitchen with a coffee pot but no filters, no papertowels, no salt, pepper or ice cube tray. The mattress was horrible, the couch was very dirty, we put the dog blanket on it to sit. The window, you could barely see out of it was so dirty with several flies in the window dead. Outlets inside had out of order signs on them. Alot of work being done outside the cabin very noisy, digging by propane tank, 3-4 men conversing about work with the electric who were from Square D with the owner and one of them started to just open the door and walk in until I said "I think my friend is in the shower, you shouldn't go in". Would never go back or recomend with the high costs and no updates and lack of supplies inside the cabin. Took pictures of big holes dug outside our door about 1 foot down and not blocked off.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
8 Thank lcdd6988

Been to Archer's Poudre River Resort? Share your experiences!