“Perfect everything!”
Review of Bighorn Cabins Inc

Bighorn Cabins Inc
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bellvue
Bighorn Cabins Inc
Reviewed September 26, 2012

My husband and I wanted a weekend getaway for our anniversary and found Bighorn Cabins online. We had booked the Lions Den first, paid our deposit but after about a week of deliberating we decided to change the reservation to the Greyrock cottage and was sooo happy we did.
While we did have to pay the per night cancellation fee for the Lions Den, after a easy breezy check in with the property managers at BigHorn (the Greyrock cabin is privately owned) we were on our way to a great little cottage right off the Poudre River. They showed us around the cabin then left us alone for the weekend.
What a perfect little cottage! Very clean, neat, tidy and dispite a few run ins with spiders (to be expected!) it turned out to be exactly what we had hoped for.
Its right on the way up to Cameron Pass which we took a drive to, saw moose and all the fantastic fall colors.
I have to say I read some of the bad reviews and was hesitant but I couldnt disagree more. They were very friendly and helpful. Highly recommend Big Horn!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank J V

Reviewed September 10, 2012

We just stayed here this September for a few nights. Looking forward to another stay. We stayed in the Mavrick cabin which is a mile down the road and more rusic. Loved it because no one else was around. Very quiet accept for the river. Everything we needed was in the cabin.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Traci S
Reviewed June 13, 2012

This place is horrible when it came to the High Park Fire!! BEWARE...We had reservations during the time of the fire and these people were very rude, did not want to give me back my money and actually wanted us bring our children because they had not been evacuated yet, even though the fire was only 10 - 15 miles away!!! She said because they have a 14 day cancellation policy we could not receive our money back. The roads to the cabins were closed so she offered another route way out of our way to get to these cabins. REALLY!!! I will never book another reservation here and I will be telling everybody I know about this incident. Goes to show what money will do to some people....

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank nykol0507
Reviewed June 8, 2012

We stayed here in Greyrock. It was an amazing experience. The cottage was wonderful and so relaxing. It is right on the river. The owners of Bighorn cabins were very helpful. They showed us the cottage and then left and left us to ourselves. It was a fantastic place and we highly recommend it! We plan to do this every year.

Room Tip: Stay at Greyrock!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hchilek
Reviewed November 11, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for one night before our flight back to England at the end of our visit. We stayed in Cougar, lots of space, comprehesively equipped with everything we needed and direct access to the river. The hosts were friendly and helpful, we wished we could have stayed longer. Recommended to those who like an out of the way, peaceful place to stay.

Room Tip: Stay in Cougar if you want a really quiet, peaceful spot.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CherryClift
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We rented one of the two bedroom cabins that was one mile off site. While the accomodations were good, when we checked in there were flies everywhere inside the unit..The management company pointed out there was a fly swatter. We killed the flies and cleaned up. Had the managers done this I would have highly recommended these accomodations but I cannot.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank barrywaller
Reviewed August 8, 2011

We stayed in Hideaway for a small family reunion and were extremely pleased with our experience. The cabin was exactly as represented - close to the river, off the main highway, adequate beds for our group, and well stocked with everything we needed to cook and prepare our own meals. It was very clean and comfortable, so much so that we look forward to returning next year. While others may be upset that there was no phone service nor television reception, we went knowing that and enjoyed playing cards and talking instead. It just never bothered our family one bit. In terms of a clean and comfortable place to stay, this is a great find!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Jumpinjayhawk

Been to Bighorn Cabins Inc? Share your experiences!