* Good price.
* Free undercover car parking.
* Room was of good size.
* Bed was comfortable.
* Bathroom was of good size. Good water pressure and stable hot water temperature.
* Tea and coffee facilities.
* Iron and ironing board.
* Air con kept the room warm.
* Available via internet bookings.
* Tiled foyer creates a great deal of noise, especially when high healed guests return from an evening out. It was loud enough to wake me from a sound sleep.
* The ceiling of the ground floor room does not appear to be of solid construction. This allowed the footsteps of 1st floor guests to be heard. Generally this should not be of great concern unless, like us, you are unlucky to have a 1st floor guest constantly moving around the room from 2:30am.
* Be careful when requesting a 'non-smoking' room. We requested a non smoking room and was assured we had received one, it turned out not to be the case. Cigarette burns on the bathroom sink and the stench of old cigarette smoke pervaded the room.
I think a number of unfortunate circumstances culminated in a very unpleasant experience for us and we will not stay there again. For those tempted by the price and location be careful to get a genuine non smoking room (for the non smokers of us) and take some ear plugs with you.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your City East Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- City East Hotel