“Location Location”

The Osprey at Beaver Creek, A RockResort
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Beaver Creek
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Had the opportunity to stay at the Osprey in Beaver Creek and they have by far the best ski in ski out location anywhere. The lift is literally 20 feet from the back door. They did a nice job a few years ago with their renovation but the hotel could use some freshening. The food in the restaurant is good with some pretty innovative dishes (fried Snickers bar). Excellent overall experience.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms have vaulted ceilings and feel very spacious.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Tom N

Reviewed September 27, 2013

in march 2013 we went in a family trip ans stayed in the Osprey. Its a great place and we had a wonderfull time. The location is perfect, we will definitely will be back.
the food was excellent, the service great and the location is just beside the lift.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 27, 2013

As so many reviewers note, the strength of the Osprey is their personnel. They could not be more welcoming, accommodating, or sincere. On one rainy evening, rather than let us wait for a shuttle to the restaurant at their sister hotel or have us drive ourselves there, one of the staff drove us to the restaurant in the hotel's SUV. On a rainy afternoon, the bartender very thoughtfully ventured out to the hot tub to check on us and didn't seem to mind the drenching he got.
We had an extraordinarily large, corner king room with a fireplace and one of only two with a balcony, which we'd requested because we wanted to enjoy the cool mountain air. The trade-off is that, at least during warmer months, there is a fair amount of street noise and noise from some of the hotel's equipment (condenser? generator?). However, I cannot fault the hotel for that; we had specifically requested the balcony. (There was absolutely no noise from within the hotel -- perfect!) This would be a great room in the winter.
I wish I could give this hotel the 5 star that so many guests have. It deserves 5 for service and staff. However, the interior does need some updating at this point. Since they are closing for October and "doing maintenance" and since there were several contractors measuring for carpet, etc. while we were there, they may well be doing all that updating now. Also, since this is a hotel that does most of its business during ski season (it really is a ski-out/ski-in), what looks a bit "worn" to us may not seem so in the winter-time.
We have gone to Beaver Creek in the off season every other year or so for a number of years, staying both in condos and hotels. We would happily return to the Osprey and recommend it to others. It deserves a 4+, but an objective 5 stars "as an overall rating of this property" would be a bit of a stretch. It compares favorably with other properties in Beaver Creek, particularly if you do not need a condo. Have I apologized enough for not rating it 5?

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2013

My family and I had such an amazing experience here! We were taken care of from the moment we arrived to the moment we left. The employees, especially Tim Gabauer, were all extremely helpful & cheerful! First class service all the way! The location cant be beat! I whole heartedly recommend this hotel! We will
definitely be back!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed September 11, 2013

My best friend Delfino and I were engaged last Labor Day weekend during our food lovers “Stay-Cation” in Austin. A year later, rather than actually getting married, we decided to celebrate the fact that we were happily engaged. Of course, this commemoration had to include our favorite thing: food. When we travel, we travel for the food.

After hearing good things about it from friends who'd recently moved to the area, we decided to visit The Osprey.

Getting There:
The Osprey in Beaver Creek is located in the scenic central Rocky Mountains of Colorado.

When visiting, your options are to fly into the Denver airport, 120 miles from Beaver Creek, or land at the Eagle Airport, 20 miles from Beaver Creek.

We opted to fly into Denver, which has less pricey airfares, but is a two and a half hour drive to Beaver Creek.

The Osprey delivered beautifully on all the categories in which I judge a hotel: the comfort, quaintness and cuteness of their rooms, the caliber of their coffee, the food, their service and the fanciness of what my mother used to call “smell-em-up-ems” (i.e. soaps, lotion, etc.).

The Osprey’s bath amenities (i.e. smell-em-up-em’s) are infused with eucalyptus and lavender essential oil. This immediately won me over, as lavender is my favorite scent.

We were too exhausted from our travels to fully take in the resort upon our arrival. What I do remember is the very warm and real welcome we received from the concierge.

I also noticed the sleek electric fireplace that adorned one of the walls in our room. Although it was a little over 60 degrees outside, we still turned it on just because we could.

I fondly remember the comfortable bed with soft linens and cushy pillows to rest my head on.

The next morning, I had time to explore my temporary abode. The first thing that I noticed was a ski lift right outside our room’s window. The Osprey is the closest hotel to a ski lift than at any other hotel in North America, making it perfect for ski bunnies, which I am not. However, I can see ski bunnies taking advantage of this convenience and loving it.

The Food:

Del and I really only tried the breakfast at the resort and loved every bite. One morning, the chef prepared our breakfast and oh my sweet goodness! His food felt like home. Each bit felt like heaven is exploding in my mouth. The presentation, the flavors, the everything.

I found myself cooing to my food. “Oh bacon jam, I love you so.” And I told the tartlette that it each bite I took of it was bursting with fresh earthiness and rays of sun-kissed juiciness.

We also visited near by restaurants in the village and had a very fun date night at The Metropolitan in Beaver Creek and at La Tour in Vail.

The Amenities:

Although we didn’t hit the slopes because the summer didn’t render itself to snow, and my body didn’t render itself to being reminded of my tragic non-triumph of winter sports, we did hit the fitness center located next to our room. We felt that it was the right thing to do after an eight course paired dream dinner at La Tour the night before.

That first morning workout would be the first and last time we’d see that place. Let’s be real: most people are more apt to use the free DVD movie dispenser the resort has than they are to use the resort’s gym.

The gym did receive a few guilty glances each morning as we made our way to the complimentary gourmet coffee and delicious chef inspired breakfasts that we dined on in the lounge and living room areas of the restaurant.

Other amenities include steam showers, plush robes (which I loved prancing around in and lounging in just because I could), fully stocked herbal teas and gourmet coffee, MP3 docking stations, large flat screen TV, DVD player with DVD rentals offered in the lobby and complimentary high-speed wireless Internet.

Del’s favorite part of the room were the his and her sinks. He had his side and I had mine. So, I was free to leave the cap off MY toothpaste on MY side if I wanted to.

I get freakishly hot when I sleep and as is the case with most of the resorts in the area, there is no central air throughout the hotel. Del and I found ourselves rather hot at night and not in the newly engaged way – but in the, please-stay-on-your-side-of-the-bed-and-don’t-even- think-about-cuddling-with-me-tonight kinda way.

Although we cranked down the air in our room to its lowest temperature, the room stayed a warm 70 degrees. Then we discovered the wonders of good ol window lifting. When we did that, and trusted that the nice looking Beaver Village people were safe village people,our room was made perfect and filled with the breezy crisp Colorado evening air.

Activities:

During our visit, we experienced the last hurrah’s of the summer: the weekly Vail Farmer’s Market, Gourmet on Gore Food Festival and Oktoberfest.

Each event was a fun way to experience the locals and the local cuisine.

Delfino and I will try to make it out to Colorado to visit during the winter wonderland season and to, of course, taste the winter menus.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JetteFM
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had a coupon off the internet for a king room for 2 nights for $199 per night. They put us in a small queen one bedroom. It had no towel racks for hand towels and a very small sink with no counter space. The room was 62 degrees so we tried to get the heat on but the heat was off in this part of the hotel. They brought us a small space heater which did help. I would have been o.k. with this but then I saw the king sized room across the hall. It was night and day difference. The manager was good when we checked out and said she was sorry about the room mix up and offered us a free night if we go back. I would definitely go for the king size room!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Cgersbach, Front Office Manager at The Osprey at Beaver Creek, A RockResort, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Tabgraphics,

Thank you for taking the time to respond about your recent stay at The Osprey Hotel. All of us at the hotel, and throughout RockResorts, work hard to consistently exceed our guest's expectations and when we fail to do that, it is a disappointment. For this please accept my sincere apology. We have been working with our entire team to address all of these issues to assure situations like these do not happen in the future. As discussed, please contact me directly as we would love the opportunity to make this up to you.

We appreciate your business and thank you for your recent stay! We look forward to the opportunity to host you again.

Warm Regards,

Hallie Schiff
Front Office Manager
The Osprey, A RockResort

P: 970-754-7397
F: 970-7547340
Front Desk: 970-754-7400

Reviewed August 7, 2013

We stayed at The Osprey on our annual summer trip to Vail / Beaver Creek to visit our son. We like to stay at a different location each time so this was our first visit. The location is perfect for either a summer or winter vacation. We had a room with a balcony looking across the street towards the village. We booked thw room through Priceline and had no problems. You must realize, however, that the nightly $30 resort fee is not included in the price. The room was nice with lots of windows. The staff was great and we enjoyed the tapas menu in the lounge.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch
The Sebastian - Vail
Four Seasons Resort and Residences Vail
Arrabelle at Vail Square, A RockResort

Been to The Osprey at Beaver Creek, A RockResort? Share your experiences!