“Disappointed in the Osprey”

The Osprey at Beaver Creek, A RockResort
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Beaver Creek
Denver, CO
“Disappointed in the Osprey”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had a coupon off the internet for a king room for 2 nights for $199 per night. They put us in a small queen one bedroom. It had no towel racks for hand towels and a very small sink with no counter space. The room was 62 degrees so we tried to get the heat on but the heat was off in this part of the hotel. They brought us a small space heater which did help. I would have been o.k. with this but then I saw the king sized room across the hall. It was night and day difference. The manager was good when we checked out and said she was sorry about the room mix up and offered us a free night if we go back. I would definitely go for the king size room!

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Cgersbach, Front Office Manager at The Osprey at Beaver Creek, A RockResort, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Tabgraphics,

Thank you for taking the time to respond about your recent stay at The Osprey Hotel. All of us at the hotel, and throughout RockResorts, work hard to consistently exceed our guest's expectations and when we fail to do that, it is a disappointment. For this please accept my sincere apology. We have been working with our entire team to address all of these issues to assure situations like these do not happen in the future. As discussed, please contact me directly as we would love the opportunity to make this up to you.

We appreciate your business and thank you for your recent stay! We look forward to the opportunity to host you again.

Warm Regards,

Hallie Schiff
Front Office Manager
The Osprey, A RockResort

P: 970-754-7397
F: 970-7547340
Front Desk: 970-754-7400

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We stayed at The Osprey on our annual summer trip to Vail / Beaver Creek to visit our son. We like to stay at a different location each time so this was our first visit. The location is perfect for either a summer or winter vacation. We had a room with a balcony looking across the street towards the village. We booked thw room through Priceline and had no problems. You must realize, however, that the nightly $30 resort fee is not included in the price. The room was nice with lots of windows. The staff was great and we enjoyed the tapas menu in the lounge.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My family and I had the opportunity to stay in one of the two condo suites at The Osprey just last week. It was our first time in Beaver Creek and we were beyond satisfied with this resort. The location was perfect! Right across the street from the lift and village shopping and restaurants. Everything from checking in to checking out was absolutely fantastic! The staff was courteous and attentive and met and exceeded our requests and expectations. This is also a very kid-friendly resort as well - room service caters to kids as does a beautiful pool deck!
We will definitely be back to Beaver Creek and we definitely plan on staying back here at The Osprey!

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the back of the property which was quiet and within arms-length of the ski lift...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Cathy D
Cedar Falls, Iowa
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We loved staying at the Osprey during our summer trip to Colorado. It's their "off" season so you can get a great deal if you stay during the summer. If its peace and quiet you want - along with great mountain scenery, you can't go wrong at the Osprey. We stayed in a king deluxe and couldn't believe the amount of space in the room. The bed was wonderful as was the large bathroom. We loved the steam shower - perfect after a long day of shopping and hiking. The service was fantastic! The front desk, the valet, and all people associated with the Osprey made you feel welcome and special. We'd love to come back.

San Francisco
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I have multiple sclerosis, which can make travel a challenge. Everyone at this hotel went above and beyond to ensure that our stay was the best. The (extremely comfortable) bed was a bit too high for me to climb into without assistance from my partner. I mentioned this to Luke at the front desk, and by the time we returned from dinner a small, folding stepladder had magically appeared by my bedside! I don't know if someone ran out to Home Depot to get the thing--but given the overall level to attention and detail all of the staff here give you, it really wouldn't surprise me!

I have stayed at other 5-star properties where you get the feeling that the staff, while attentive, are all just reciting a script that someone in Ohio drafted and told them to deliver verbatim. The Osprey couldn't be more different. You got the feeling that people were not just automatons, reciting the inevitable "my pleasure" that some other hotels need to excise from their collective lexicons, but rather were real humans who were authentically concerned with your well-being and wanted to do everything within their power to ensure that your stay was as enjoyable as possible. The fact that the rooms are gorgeous, have fantastic views and about the best shower I've ever used are just icing on the proverbial cake.

If you want to do yourself a favor, book a room at the Osprey at Beaver Creek. Luke, Oliver, Devin, Tatiana and General Manager Chris will all make it their personal duty to ensure that your stay is truly unforgettable. I'd give them 6-stars if I could!!!

Room Tip: The fourth floor rooms have vaulted ceilings which makes them feel much larger. Try to snag one if...
1 Thank Ross B
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

My husband stayed here for One night during our colorado get away. Let me star by saying on the trip we stayed at three different rock resorts... This is one of them. All the hotels blew us away. staff was super friendly, rooms were clean and updated, nice Huge bathroom!

Nice thing was that the village was right across the street for great shopping and eating.

We rented bikes across the street and went up the ski lift with them to mountain bike.

STAY HERE YOU WON'T REGRET IT!

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mueller1500
Beachwood, Ohio
Reviewed July 9, 2013

My wife and I just returned from a week in Colorado. It was our first visit. Three days of that
vacation was spent at the wonderful Osprey at Beaver Creek. From the super friendly staff, to
the delicous food, this hotel should not be missed. It's location is so convenient. Right across
the street is Beaver Creek Village. It has many fine restaurants, art galleries, bicycle rentals,
putt-putt, clothing stores, Starbucks, etc. It even has a ice skating rink for evening skating
during the Summer. We used the free bus shuttles to play tennis on clay courts at the Beaver
Creek Tennis Center, which is 5 minutes away. The folks at the Osprey were so accommodating. From the time they unload your car, and brought your bags to your room,
they treated you like family. It was nice to use their refreshing pool & sauna, after spending the day hiking the surrounding mountain trails. Even the bed was super comfortable.
I would highly recommend this resort. I know my wife and I will be back!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Beaver Creek
Arrabelle at Vail Square, A RockResort
Christie Lodge
Christie Lodge
#5 of 9 in Avon

Been to The Osprey at Beaver Creek, A RockResort? Share your experiences!