“Nice place !”

The Osprey at Beaver Creek, A RockResort
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Beaver Creek
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Stayed here last week for one night , and was impressed with the service. My room was not ready as I was there early and they handled it very nice. Asked for a quiet room and got it ! They try hard, I will be back ! However the resort fee is $ 33.00 u got to be kidding, poor value !

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank belgium33
Cgersbach, Front Office Manager at The Osprey at Beaver Creek, A RockResort, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide this honest and valuable feedback. We certainly take these reviews very seriously and I am glad to hear that you experienced such excellent service. As a service to our guests, we try to encompass all of our amenities (wireless internet, parking, coffee, newspapers,etc) into one resort fee. We certainly strive to be as upfront about this resort fee with all of our guests and I do apologize that we did not do a better job at informing you of this fee. We strive to work hard as an entire team to make sure that we are exceeding our guests expectations and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Osprey! Please contact me directly when making your reservation as I would like the opportunity to personaly oversee your stay!

Warm Regards,

Hallie Schiff
Front Office Manager

P: 970-754-7397
F: 970-7547340

There are newer reviews for The Osprey at Beaver Creek, A RockResort

Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

The Osprey exceeded our expectations with a beautifully appointed large room. Large two sink bathroom, walk in closet, separate workspace, and large sofa with mountain view were lovely. Chapel bells were a perfect accent to the scenery

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We loved the amenities and the staff. They were always happy and helpful with us and our children. The bartender was especially wonderful. Very clean and everything you could possibly need. We are in love with Beaver creek and The Osprey will be our place to stay from now on. Can I just mention that it is literally less than a minute to the Village at Beaver Creek. Tons of restaurant and shopping options.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Nice location but overall was average. The first night we were placed in room next to the bar and workout facility and were awoken by weights being dropped on the floor. I would recommend not staying on the first floor. I thought for the price (expensive) it was not worth it. Also my husband and I went for a relaxing week and were not told it was kids week. The hotel was very noisy and there was no peace and quiet. Also went to Spago for dinner and while the food was excellent the ambiance sucked. Most people would be a little put off when spending top dollar with screaming kids even with a late reservation. The only positive about the Osprey was excellent bartender!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Cgersbach, General Manager at The Osprey at Beaver Creek, A RockResort, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide valuable feedback regarding your recent stay at The Osprey. I’m delighted to hear you enjoyed the Osprey lounge and especially the services you received from my bartenders. Sorry to learn of the noise issues you experienced on your first night during your stay. I can assure you that we are addressing this issue to make certain this type of situation does not happen again. To all of our guests, on behalf of the management team, we take comments like this very seriously and greatly appreciate your feedback.

Sincerely

Chris Gersbach

P: 970-754-7390
F: 970-754-7340

Reviewed April 26, 2013

We have recently returned from a holiday in Colorado, staying in Beaver Creek and Vail (Sebastian hotel).
The Osprey was extremely welcoming and, when we arrived late after the restaurant had closed, the barman arranged some hand cooked tortilla chips and guacamole for us which was delicious.
The location of the hotel is fantastic. The valet area, which is the other side of the lobby, backs onto the lift, making this the closest ski-in ski-out I have ever experienced! The centre of Beaver Creek is just across road.
Our room was great - really comfortable and well designed.
All food we ate in the restaurant was a very good standard and the service friendly.
A very good stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 25, 2013

My two sons (ages 12, 14) and I stayed at The Osprey the last week of March 2013 for Spring Break. The rooms were modern but cozy, and ours overlooked the pool. We had a few minor maintenance issues that were promptly fixed (broken lampshade, window shade broken) but despite the shower diverter being "fixed" we were still never able to take a bath. The ski-in ski-out is insanely convenient, and having a ski valet is a true luxury. The free DVD machine was broken but we enjoyed the TV just fine. The restaurant is quaint and has great food, but I admit I was a little bothered by the steep cost for the breakfast buffet, especially when all my kids would eat was a bowl of cereal ($18.95 for adults, $9.95 for kids) but I will agree that it is tough to find anything much cheaper at a ski resort. The location of the hotel is right next to the Village so you can walk across the street for a change of pace. The cost was very reasonable for the hotel given the prime location and peak season. My boys loved the hotel, and especially the proximity to the Strawberry Express Lift (literally steps from the door). We visited the Ritz in Bachelor Gulch (more isolated, huge, LOTS of kids) as well as the Hyatt (big hotel, right at base of mountain, "Hyatt" feel, not as cozy). I would definitely stay at The Osprey again over the larger hotels, making a plan for cheaper breakfasts! A small fridge is in the room but not cold enough to store food.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank PBGrl
Cgersbach, General Manager at The Osprey at Beaver Creek, A RockResort, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide valuable feedback regarding your recent stay at The Osprey. I’m delighted that you and your two sons had such a great stay at the Osprey for your March ski trip. I do apologize about your small maintenance issues but glad to hear my staff fixed the issues in a very timely manner. We do look forward to having you back with us in the near future and please do recommend us to your friends.

Sincerely

Chris Gersbach

P: 970-754-7390
F: 970-754-7340

Reviewed April 17, 2013

As a skier this hotel provided an excellent location for both the slope and the village. We stayed. in their two bedroom condo which was well equipped and gave the family ample space. We loved the oversized beds and bath - not to mention the amazing views. More attention needed on cleanliness in the kitchen area. Overall a great hotel if you are ever staying in the heart of beaver creek.

• Stayed: April 2013
The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch
The Sebastian - Vail
Four Seasons Resort and Residences Vail
Arrabelle at Vail Square, A RockResort

Been to The Osprey at Beaver Creek, A RockResort? Share your experiences!